About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

GOVERNOR CHRISTIE SAYS NO MORE FOR THE JERSEY SHORE!


For the past few years, with the exception of 3 cast members, we've watched these "Bennies" from New York and Rhode Island make a mockery of our Jersey Shore on the hit MTV Reality show, The Jersey Shore. When I say exception, though, it's because 3 of the cast members are actually from New Jersey. Trust me, the whole cast has made a mockery of our shores, and I, shamefully, watched every single minute of it, but now it seems they've been making a mockery of the state of New Jersey at our expense! Thanks to Governor Chris Christie's veto yesterday, it will be at our expense no more!

Apparently, the production company behind the hit reality show had applied for a tax-credit, which was intended to expand the filming in the state, and to help cover costs for it's inaugural season back in 2009. It was part of a $10 million tax credit program that grants eligible film and TV production companies a 20% tax credit on their expenses in New Jersey.

According to the conservative Governor, he was "duty-bound" to see that New Jersey taxpayers were not flipping the $420,000 bill for a project which does nothing more than perpetuate misconceptions about the state and it's citizens. And so he vetoed the tax-credit! Thank you, Governor Christie, for stepping up! The veto marks a reversal for the governor who is being pushed by some GOP leaders to jump into the presidential race. A couple of weeks ago, Christie said that he disliked both the show and the incentive program, but he couldn't veto it. I guess The Situation has changed!


In an economy like this, do we New Jersey tax payers really need that extra expense of $420,000 when it could be put elsewhere and towards a better use? Governor Christie, as well as, other New Jersey residents, especially residents with an Italian background, are right about these cast members really expressing a misconception about the state and it's citizens, and I, recently, learned that first hand on a trip to Costa Rica with my girlfriend. We were actually staying at a resort with some of the Chicago Bears, and while we were talking to them, we told them that we were from New Jersey, and back-up quarterback, Caleb Haney started doing the fist pump! I couldn't stop thinking, "Is this what the rest of America thinks of us, New Jersey residents? If it is, this is embarrassing!" The Bears superstar cornerback, Charles Tillman, saw the disgust on our faces, while his teammate was making an ass out of himself, and he asked us, "I have to ask you an honest question, does all that bother you guys being from Jersey and all?" My only answer to him was, "Do you remember that show 'Playmakers' on ESPN that made football players look like a bunch of drug addicts, alcoholics, and womanizers rather than actual athletes? Well, do you want us to believe that all football players are like that?" Charles Tillman looked at me for a second and said, "OK, I get it!"

So, my point is, I'm not saying that I hate the show The Jersey Shore, and I hope they do have many successful and drama-fueled seasons, but it doesn't need to be at our expense and for those of you who don't live in New Jersey, we don't walk around fist pumping, spray tanning, and we're not constantly going to the gym! In fact, I've never done any of these things and I've lived in New Jersey my whole life, unlike three quarters of the Jersey Shore cast!


No comments:

Post a Comment