About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PROTEST ON WALL STREET.....WHO REALLY CARES?

I'm going to have to be honest here, I really am not sure what to make of this protest down on Wall Street. Maybe it's because I could care less about it? Or maybe it's because I'm not sure what they're even protesting? I know one thing's for sure, now that celebs like Kanye West and Susan Sarandon have shown their support for this protest, I definitely won't be! It does seem, however, that the protest is about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer in big business, meaning, from what I've read, so far, it seems the wealthy continue to put money into their own pockets, while they continue to mismanage their companies and take money out of the pockets of those who work their tails off for them. If you ask me, this has been going on for many, many years. They also seem to be protesting the fact that tax payers money is being wrongfully used, and should be used to help the school system and not going to help the war! What makes these people think that a protest is going to change things? Did Woodstock really change anything except the ultra-cool music festival that ensued?


Today is Day 25 of the protest in Zuccotti Park, down on Wall Street, and the protesters have planned a march, which they're calling the Millionaires March, where they will march uptown to visit the homes of New York City's five wealthiest residents including News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch, JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, and billionaire David Koch. The marchers plan to present the moguls with oversize checks to dramatize how much less they will pay when the New York State's 2% tax on millionaires expires this December. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo opposes the tax renewal, which generates up to $5 billion per year in much-needed revenue saying that he fears the rich will move away from New York. Well, then let them move? Who cares? Mayor Bloomberg, who was one of the New York billionaires who was not on the list for a home visit, went  on to say that the protesters can camp out in Zuccotti Park for as long they want. They're not doing anything wrong in expressing themselves. They're obeying laws, and he feels that eventually the rain and snow will drive them out. From what I hear though, the Wall Street area smells like crap because people are starting to use the street as a public bathroom. Now, that it gross!

The protest down on Wall Street has also spawned other protests in other cities like Boston, Washington D.C., Cleveland, and of course, Los Angeles. Will these protests really prove to be effective? I guess only time will tell. Will I follow what happens with this protest? Probably not. I really could care less, but if any of you want to keep me updated, please feel free to weigh in. Just know that once these stupid celebrities start to show their faces, these events have become commercialized and for me, have kind of jumped the shark becoming a 'who cares?' type of event. Of course, this is just my opinion.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment