About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

MARKY MARK SAYS SORRY FOR 9/11 COMMENTS

Before I rip "Marky" Mark Wahlberg a new one, I have to admit that I am a huge fan of his. I hated him as rapper, Marky Mark, but he definitely scored some points when he did "Rock Star", which is one of my favorite movies of all time! Then, he produced "Entourage" and "Boardwalk Empire", how can you not love the way Marky Mark's career turned out?

Well, in the recent issue of Men's Journal Magazine, Wahlberg made a really dumb comment about 9/11 outraging families of the victims of that horrible day. The rapper-turned-underwear model-turned-actor told the popular men's magazine that he was supposed to be on American Airlines Flight 11, known to have purposely slammed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. Wahlberg continued to boast that he would've stopped the plane from slamming into the North Tower if he had gotten on the plane, stating, "If I was on the plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been lots of blood in that first -class cabin and then me saying, 'Ok, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'" WHAT? Is he kidding? Has his action movies really gone to his head?

Hey, Mark Wahlberg! You're an actor! You're not a real life superhero! One woman who lost her mother on Flight 11 was furious after reading Wahlberg's claim that he would have been unstoppable in the face of five Al Qaeda hijackers armed with box cutters. The woman went on to say that people on that plane were maced, their throats were slit, they were shown things that looked like bombs, and it's not like the people on the plane just sat back and braced for their lives. As someone who lost a family member on 9/11, I feel that Mark Wahlberg's comments were out of line because he did not know what really happened on that plane. No one really does except for the victims who were on that plane. Personally, I think that Wahlberg and his tough-guy persona would have cowered in the corner like any Hollywood tough guy in a situation like that.

Mark Wahlberg has since apologized publicly saying that it was absolutely 'ridiculous' that he speculated about the situation at all. Wahlberg was booked on Flight 11 but changed his plans at the last minute to attend a film festival. Wahlberg's statement read: "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive; it was certainly not my intention." Flight 11's passengers and crew were among the first to die on the morning that changed the world. I wanted so much to hate Mark Wahlberg for his comments, but the guy apologized publicly for his WORDS. I have to commend him for that. His place on my list of favorite actors won't change, but I do have one thing to say....."Hey, Mark! Say hello to your mother for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment