About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, January 6, 2012

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE FALLS? YEAH, RIGHT!

So, the word in the news this morning was that the U.S. added 200,000 jobs in December in a burst of hiring that drove the unemployment rate to dip down to 8.5 percent, the lowest it's been in three years, raising hope that the economy might be healthy enough to power an even stronger job market. Really? Where are all these jobs? And who are they hiring? I've been unemployed since July for the second time since 2009. I have a college degree, and think that I'm pretty smart. I've also been on quite a few interviews and my background is pretty strong. Then, why is it so hard to find work out there? The only job that I was able to find since 2009 was a temporary position with the U.S. Postal Service as a mail carrier. Well, that was quite an experience! Their financial situation is not exactly a secret, so back in July, I was laid off again.

My point is, if 200,000 jobs were added in December, where are they? Is the majority of those jobs in the Midwest and the west coast? Am I going to have to pick up and move? Apparently, it's been four years since the start of the most recent Recession that wiped out 8.7 million jobs. The Department of Labor reported that the past six months have been the strongest for job creation in the United States since 2006. Maybe I'm taking this too personally, but where are the jobs? I do see job listings and I do apply to these positions. The interviews do happen, and I seem to get pretty far into the interview process, but then something happens and I get no calls back. Am I doing something wrong? Yes, I am ranting! But seeing stats like this is so frustrating, and I know that I'm worth way more than unemployment is paying me. So, if anyone can tell me where these jobs are, please lead me to them! Until then, I'd have to say that I do not believe that the U.S. has added 200,000 jobs!


No comments:

Post a Comment