About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DAZED AND CONFUSED JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL IN QUEENS

I'm not sure if I love this story or find it absolutely disturbing? I saw it a few days ago and couldn't wait to blog about it! So, apparently, a Queens public school went to pot last week when an eighth-grader sold her classmates marijuana-laced brownies. Around twenty students at Intermediate School 208 in Bellerose, NY were caught munching on the psychedelic treats that a young girl was selling out of her backpack for $3 a piece or two for $5 in the cafeteria during lunch last Thursday and Friday.

According to a parent of one of the kids, the young girl raked in about $250. Another parent stated, "While some of the students knew the treats would put the 'high' in junior high, others did not know." Her son was one of the kids who ate one of the brownies and panicked when he felt the effects. The same mother went on to angrily ask, "How come nobody noticed that these kids were high?"

Kids at the K thru 8 school were noshing on the pot  brownies during recess and in class, but none of them got sick or visited the school nurse. The kids who ingested the illegal treats will face a hearing at the school to determine their punishment. School officials are said to be bringing in a counselor to speak to the school community about substance abuse and prevention. Police were actually called to the school on Monday and found a small bag of pot in the bathroom, but no arrests were made in either incident.

This isn't the first time that this B-Rated school in suburban Queens has grabbed headlines. Back in 2003, when the school opened, the founding principal was removed for handpicking his teaching staff, which is a violation of union rules. In 2008,  the school's current principal was fined $2,250 for soliciting donations to his non-profit side business, while on the government clock. And in 2010, two male students were busted at the school for sexually assaulting a female student in an unattended stairwell.

It sounds more like a prison or reformatory to me, rather than a school. Now, at first, I thought that it was funny that a kid brought pot brownies to school, but what I didn't realize the age group, and I find his absolutely disturbing! Why isn't the parents of the girl that was selling the brownies being questioned or arrested for child endangerment? I mean, when I was in eighth grade, marijuana wasn't even a thought yet. Also, I don't know first hand, but I was told by a friend that marijuana brownies are a totally different high that smoking it. If that's the case, how did these kids not get sick? And how did teachers not know that these kids were high? Wouldn't the fact that their half of the classroom had their heads down on their desk napping be a dead giveaway? Or how about the munching of snacks in the middle of class? Or maybe half of the class wearing sunglasses in the classroom? If I was a parent of one of these kids, I guess I would be pretty pissed to! I would ask my child where they got it from, then I would call the parent of the seller to see where they got it from and how much.....Oh, that's a whole other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment