About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Monday, February 6, 2012

DO I REALLY NEED TO SAY IT?

My love for my Dallas Cowboys is no secret, but then again neither is my hate for anything New England/Boston-related! For me, this year's Super Bowl was a tough one to swallow since my Cowboys and the New York Giants do have a pretty lively rivalry, so against my will, I found myself rooting for that team from New England. I guess you can say that I wasn't rooting for The Patriots, more than I was rooting for the Giants to lose. Well, we all know what the outcome was, and being the better man, I need to congratulate The New York Giants and their more than vocal fans on this year's Super Bowl victory!

From the standpoint of just a football fan, what a game? You couldn't ask for anything more in a football game, as it literally came down to the final minute with one of the greatest comeback quarterbacks in NFL history given exactly one minute to amount his comeback. This game wouldn't see that comeback and this year's Vince Lombardi trophy comes home to New York in the hands of Eli Manning. Does this prove once and for all that Eli is the better quarterback of the two brothers? I have to be honest, that Giants defense could have easily won that MVP award as well. I guess instead of being a Giants-hater that I am, I might as well embrace the fact that they are our Champions for the year, but I don't have to like it.

I did, however, miss the dreaded half-time show put on by the iconic Madonna, but from what I hear, I didn't really miss much. From what I read, it was a full-on lip sync fest and she didn't even hide it. Then again, in Madonna's defense, she does do a lot of dancing in her acts, therefore entertainers of her magnitude, would need to lip sync while she's performing or you'll hear one out-of-breath performer. Needless to say, I opted for The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, which was probably more entertaining than Madonna.

And what did everybody think of the commercials from last night? Because there were a few that I could've done without, but there were some really good ones too like the Rescue Dog named "We Go" from Bud Light, or the Cars.com commercial with that guy and his creepy conscience behind him, or how about the Honda CR-V commercial that spoofed Ferris Bueller's day off?

I guess at the end of the day, Super Bowl Sunday is still one my favorite days of the year, no matter who is in it. Preferably, it's The Cowboys, but reality is that they probably won't get there with Tony Romo as their quarterback. So, for now, it looks like I have to enjoy Cowboy-less Super Bowls, but why does it have to be the Giants? Congrats, again, to the Giants and their fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment