About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

PHOTOS OF WHITNEY'S OPEN CASKET?...COME ON!!!!

Believe me when I say that I really, really wanted to stay away from this one because, though I felt sad that the world lost another icon, I also felt that that we lost her the minute she married Bobby Brown and fell into his hellish lifestyle. Anyway, I'm not here to write about Whitney Houston's life or death, as many of you have already read as soon as the the story came out they she was found dead in her hotel room. The story that disturbed me was that the National Enquirer actually had the cojones to publish an open casket photo of Miss Houston causing an outrage from her fans.

That's right! Whitney Houston fans expressed shock and outrage on Wednesday after the National Enquirer (no shock here!) printed an image of the iconic singer in an open casket on it's cover. The morbid photo, which was reportedly taken inside the family's private viewing at the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, NJ, last Friday, shows Whitney's body lying in her half-opened, polished bronze casket. The late pop star was wearing what looked like a purple dress along with a brooch pinned to her chest and an earring sparkling in her ear.

The headline claimed that Whitney was buried wearing $500,000 worth of jewels and gold slippers on her feet. Who the hell cares what she got buried in? When people die, they want to be buried with their favorite things! If that's what she wanted to be buried in, let the women rest in peace! I don't get what the big deal is!

Anyway, Facebook and Twitter users lashed out at the tabloid, calling them trashy and shameful, but didn't we already know this about the National Enquirer? It's not like they're a reputable paper or anything. Of course, the death photo is nothing new for the National Enquirer. In fact, back in 1977, they also famously ran a photo of "The King" Elvis Presley in his coffin.

Personally, I'm not sure this really bothers me. Yes, it's a little morbid as we'd like to remember these icons in their top form, and seeing them laying in a casket is anything but that. Was there really a need for outrage at this point, though? Besides, I'm sure the National Enquirer did it to sell papers. That's what they do. They're in the magazine selling business and the fact that it caused this much of an outrage means that it caught much attention and I bet more than half bought that issue, so that they can show others how disgusting of a paper the National Enquirer is. Mission accomplished! I guess my hats off to you National Enquirer! What are your thoughts on this? Outrage or Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment