About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, April 13, 2012

AXL ROSE: DOUCHEBAG OR JUST BEING AXL?

Growing up in the 80s, Guns N' Roses was one of my favorite bands of all time next to Motley Crue, Metallica, Kiss, and Skid Row. In fact, I wore out 3 different Appetite For Destruction tapes because I listened to that record that much! Yes, I said tapes! There was no such thing as CDs just yet! I did, however, feel that the Use Your Illusions records, which I did have on CD, could have been combined to make one solid rock record, but Axl Rose being Axl Rose had to release two different CDs. Anyway, the point that I was trying to get at was that Guns N' Roses was thee band to see when I was growing up, so when late last year when I read that Guns N' Roses had been chosen to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this April, I have to admit that I had mixed feelings on it. In an earlier blog, I even stated that I felt Guns only had one record that was really Hall of Fame worthy, and that was Appetite. Some might argue and say that Use Your Illusion can be thrown in there too, but Appetite was a CD full of hits. Not one song sucked, where on Use Your Illusion, each CD had a few bad songs on there that would simply put you to sleep. What I'm saying is that The Hall has a bad reputation for snubbing bands and rock pioneers from being inducted into its coveted Hall, and was Guns more deserving of it than Kiss or Motley Crue or Bon Jovi? If it wasn't for Kiss or Motley Crue, there wouldn't have been a Guns N' Roses.

That being said about the Hall and their choice of inductees, let's move on! So, with the announcement about Guns being inducted came the plethora of questions like: Will it be the original line-up? Will it be every person that was ever in Guns N' Roses? How will Axl be able to share this moment with Slash? etc. Well, all questions were answered the other day when Axl Rose took it upon himself to respectfully decline from his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this Saturday with a long-winded letter to The Los Angeles Times' music blog explaining why he is refusing the honor. What a dick! He just couldn't bite his tongue and turn his cheek for one day to make Guns N' Roses fans around the world happy for ONE day! Once again, it's all about Axl, just like it has always been!

In the lengthy letter, he cited the various lineups of his hard rock band over the years, saying that he did not oppose other ex-members turning up to the Hall of Fame show saying, "For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I nor anyone in my camp had made any requests or demands of the Hall of Fame. It's their show, not mine."

 He went on to state, "That being said, I won't be attending The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." He would go on to pretty much bash the panel for trying to put something together that was impossible. He also went on to mention that Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagen have joined him on stage on numerous occasions at different shows, and Steven Adler's even come to an after party, but then put a kabash on any sort Guns N' Roses original lineup reunion saying that 'having any of the original members join us on stage, if they were so inclined, somewhere in the future for a song or two, is more than enough for a reunion!' Slash was quoted in Rolling Stone magazine as saying, "He hates my guts! It's over a lot of different stuff, I don't even know. There's just no communication between us.

He concluded the letter with, "In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns' induction. More importantly, I'd like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we've had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N' Roses music." What a douchebag! I guess I can now place Guns N' Roses, well, Axl Rose on my boycott list next to Metallica! Thanks for ruining the party, Axl!

No comments:

Post a Comment