About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

DWAYNE WADE OF THE MIAMI HEAT TRYING TO SCORE IN NYC?

 
This past Sunday afternoon, the Miami Heat gave my New York Knicks a little bit of a beating at Madison Square Garden, but after the game it was what happened after the game that really intrigued me. The Heat's superstar shooting guard, Dwayne Wade, decided that he wanted to make the most of his beautiful Sunday afternoon in New York City. So, he decided to surprise four kids at Thompson Street Playground in Soho to play a quick pickup basketball game before he headed to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees take on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. God, I hate calling them that!

Anyway, the four kids were on the basketball court on the Soho Playground when Wade walked on, while talking into a video camera that he was using to document part of his day in New York, saying, "This is not a commercial people. This is real life!" One kid could not believe his eyes, as Wade walked on the court in his basketball sneakers and shirt and tie to greet his competition. One kid claimed, "I'm playing against Dwayne Freakin' Wade in Soho!" The video cuts to Wade wrinkling up his Sunday best to sink a fade away jumper over the outstretched hand of on the defenders. Now, that is cool! I hate it when these overpaid ball players forget where they come from. This video proved to me that Dwayne Wade clearly did not. It was clearly not a publicity stunt because there was really no one else with him except for a buddy or two. When I watch Dwayne Wade on TV, he has his game face on, so it's tough to tell what kind of person he really is. This short video clip shows me that Dwayne Wade could be a really good guy who didn't let money and fame get to him.

Later that day, Wade was spotted on the Yankees Stadium Jumbotron with new Jets backup quarterback, Tim Tebow, during the Yankees win against the Angels, but was received by a round of "boos" before he lifted his Yankees cap, which turned those boos to cheers in an instant. Is Dwayne Wade trying to tell us something? Is he trying to say that he wants to come to New York to play? Am I over analyzing the situation?

Even the cheers at Yankees Stadium couldn't top Wade's short visit to the Thompson Street Playground, as he tweeted "Coolest moment of the day!" attached to an Instagram photo of his pickup game. I just wanted to share this story because I thought that it was pretty cool of him to forget he was a star for one day and give back to the community without all the flashbulbs and publicists telling you it's going to happen. My hats off to you Dwayne Wade! Though, I'm a Knicks fan, you've earned my respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment