About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

STILL 'CLUELESS' AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

My friend, Candi, sent me this story a couple of weeks ago because she thought it would be perfect to rant about in my blog. I tried to stay away from it only because it was about a celebrity, and that's what the newly trimmed down Perez Hilton is for. I like to write about weird stuff that gets overlooked in the newspapers, but for the love of God, Alicia Silverstone! Really? People have been talking for weeks about Silverstone pre-chewing her baby's food and then feeding it to him directly from her own mouth. Ew! Even if my mom was Kate Upton, I wouldn't want her chewing my food and then spitting it into my mouth. Only birds do that!

Well, Silverstone is standing up to critics who don't agree with her mouth-to-mouth feeding method for her 11-month-old son, Bear. Since the video of her chewing food and then feeding it directly to Bear went viral, the Clueless actress remained quiet, despite the backlash she received over the controversial feeding technique......Until now!

Silverstone, who was in New York City to promote her upcoming flick, Vamps, told an audience during a Q&A session, “I wasn't saying this was anything somebody should do. I wasn't trying to be independent or cause such a ruckus, but I'm very glad that I did it." Silverstone went on to explain the debatable feeding method called premastication, saying that it is used as a weaning process and that 'people have been feeding their kids that way for thousands of years.' WHAT? I'd like to see a show of hands as to who's been fed like this when they were babies. Maybe she was thinking before the Ice Age or before utensils was invented? I don't get it!

She also said, "He attacks my mouth and I think it's adorable. He knows how to use his hands and he also eats regular food, so when babies are weaning, he still breast-feeds. Some people think that's disgusting too, which is insane." At 11-months! I only have nieces and nephews and I don't think that my sister was still breast feeding at 11-months! Alicia Silverstone has lost her mind. This is one celebrity who has gone Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs! Just the thought of chewed food going into my mouth, right now, is giving me the creeps.

Experts have mixed opinions on whether Silverstone's quirky feeding method is actually good for her son. Some say children receive essential enzymes from pre-chewed food that help their immune systems and digestion, while others warn that the mouth-to-mouth method can spread disease. One doctor took the middle road saying that for conventional germs, this is not a big issue, but in the same breath, he went onto say that when we kiss our babies, the bugs that we all have in our mouths are likely to be transmitted to the babies! Absolutely disgusting!

I have a question to those reading this, though. Would you rather see a woman breast-feeding her baby in public? Or would you rather see someone like Alicia Silverstone chewing her baby's food and then dropping it into his mouth in public? I have to say that I'd rather see neither, but if I had to pick, I would say the breast feeding in public because this way, at least, you might see a little boobage.


No comments:

Post a Comment