About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

YOU'RE BEING PUNISHED FOR BAD GRADES!

I remember when I was in high school, if I got poor grades; my parents would take away privileges that were important to me. Then again, 9 times out of 10, I would also try to change my grades before my parents would even see my report card, so that no punishment would be needed. My sister was not as smart, and would be punished a lot. No punishment can come close, however, to being compared to what this Fridley, Minnesota couple did to their 12-year-old daughter for getting bad grades!

Word has it; the couple made the woman's daughter shave her head and run up and down the street in a diaper as punishment for receiving an "F" on her last report card. Stephanie Ann Broten and Darnell Alan Landrum were arrested on Monday night on suspicion of gross misdemeanor malicious punishment of a child after police were called to their home, and saw the horrific scene unfold. Reportedly, around 50 people, including dozens of teenagers and young adult men, were crowded along the street watching the girl do wind sprints in a diaper and a tank top. According to police, the girl's head was freshly shaved and she'd been out in public like that for 30 minutes before they arrived on the scene, where she was crying hysterically.

Broten and Landrum warned the girl that if she didn't earn good grades, they would have her head and put her on 'diaper duty'. I guess now we know what 'diaper duty' is! The disturbing part of this whole story is that on the way to jail, Broten and Landrum were laughing and thinking that it was ridiculous police would get involved in what they said was their parental decision. The girl and her three younger siblings have been put in foster care. Broten and Landrum can face up to a year in jail and a $3,000 fine if they're convicted on these charges. I have a better idea! For their punishment, why doesn't the court shave their heads and make them wear a diaper while they do community service for a year? I bet you they won't be laughing then! I have to tell you, parenting has come a long way from when I was a kid. Then again, these are not normal parents. These are the people that President Obama should be preventing from getting married!

No comments:

Post a Comment