About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A GIANTS FAN WHO WANTED BRANDON JACOBS BACK THIS BAD....

Every day, I write about some news story that really irks me in some way or another because I think as a society, we are some pretty stupid people. Then today, I read this story about 6-year-old Joey Armento, and I feel that there is still hope for us yet! I also chose to write about this because many of you might not even get to see this story in the newspaper because it might be overshadowed by nonsensical stories like Hannah Montana getting engaged or something like that. By the way, as I write this, everyone has to know that I am in no way a New York Giants fan, by any means, but I felt where this kid was coming from because when the Yankees parted ways with Dave Winfield when I was a kid, I wish I would've had the courage to do what little Joey did.

So, here's what happened; everyone who follows football knows that superstar tailback Brandon Jacobs parted ways with the New York Giants this off-season after the Giants won the Super Bowl, and he signed with the San Francisco 49ers. One New York Giants fan was so upset about the defection that he opened his own wallet, or piggy bank, to try and get Brandon back. Little Joey Armento asked his mother why Brandon left the team, and she explained that the Giants did not have enough money to keep him. So, 6-year-old Joey decided to write Jacobs a letter, with a little help from his mom, Julie, and enclosed $3.36, which was everything in his piggy bank! How can you not love this kid? The letter read, "Dear Brandon Jacobs, So you could go to the Giants, here is my money. Love, Joe."

Brandon Jacobs was so captivated by the gesture that he Tweeted a picture of the letter and the sandwich bag that held the cash. He asked followers to 'read this note and tell me what u think." The usually intimidating running back then tweeted, "I almost cried. I'm still holding it in. I may have to pay him a surprise visit." Jacobs also promised in a later Tweet that he would repay the youngster, but not the exact money that he sent. Apparently, he's keeping that as a sentimental reminder of his fans in New York.

At around 1 a.m. EST this morning, Jacobs then Tweeted a promise to take his own 5-year-old son and little Joey on a trip to Chuck E. Cheese to make up for his departure from Big Blue. Like, I said, I'm not a fan of the Giants, but you have to love this story and the fact that Brandon Jacobs is going to show his appreciation for it, shows that he's really a class act. When I was younger, whenever my favorite players left my favorite team, I was sad for months or maybe even the whole season. I never would've thought to do something like this. I even stopped watching the Knicks when Patrick Ewing left the team, I was that heartbroken. Then I started to understand the greed of some of these ball players, and my love for just one player just ended. Now, I just root for the teams as a whole, but I don't think I can afford to do what little Joey did for a whole team. I love what he did, though!

You can actually Tweet Brandon Jacobs via Twitter @gatorboy45.

No comments:

Post a Comment