About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

KIDS SUSPENDED FOR TOPLESS TEACHER....WHAT?

Okay, I'm not really sure that I understand this one, but apparently, two middle school students from Indiana were recently suspended after they accidentally saw a topless photo of their teacher on a classroom iPad. 13-year-old Joshua Troutt said that the racy photo popped up when he and a couple of other classmates were playing a game on the school-issued device, which they say was synched to the female teacher's iPhone. 

Troutt, a student at Highland Middle School in Anderson, Indiana, stated "It's not our fault she had the photo on there. We couldn't do anything not to look at it." Believe it or not, I actually believe these kids. It's the teacher's fault for having this type of photo on her phone and not to mention really dumb of her to sync her iPhone to a school-issued iPad that kids will use. Here's what I don't understand; Troutt was among the students suspended for looking at the photo. One other student was also suspended, one received a warning, and a fourth student was expelled for the incident, while the school district does believe it was an accident, they will be taking action against the teacher as well.

The students involved were said to be punished because they violated the school's technology policy, which I really don't understand. The person who should be punished here is the teacher. The kid's accidentally found the provocative photo, and to be quite honest, if I saw a pic of my teacher topless, I probably wouldn't have been able to draw my eyes away from the iPad either. The problem here is why was this content even available to see for these kids? And why was a student actually expelled for it? Unless, the kids actually found a way to sync the iPad to her phone to find the pictures and made a big deal about it in class. Then this would all make sense, but I'm not getting the feeling that this happened by reading the story. 

 Troutt's mother is furious that her son was punished, and I don't blame her. She thinks the teacher should have lost her job. Nicole Troutt told a local TV news channel, "In all reality, you'd think she'd be fired! That's a nude picture in the school that the students saw. My son didn't even touch the iPad. Another kid pulled up the picture on the iPad. He never touched it, period!" Either way, Mrs. Troutt says she might pull her son from the school if the district doesn't reverse the punishment. I have to tell you; I really don't understand why these kids are being punished. It's not like they took the nude photos of the teacher. Am I wrong?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment