About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NOT SO FAST TWINKIE-LOVERS!...IT'S NOT OVER YET!

I have great news for all Hostess cake lovers and really bad news for those of you trying to cash in on Hostess's misfortune! It looks like Hostess, the maker of Twinkies, Ho-Ho's, Cup Cakes, Devil Dogs, Yodels, Coffee Cakes, etc., may not be gone for good just yet! It turns out; Hostess and its striking bakers union have an agreed to mediation to avoid a plant shutdown that would have put 18,500 workers on the unemployment line….Like we needed anymore on there. 

Anyway, a bankruptcy judge demanded that the two parties enter a mediation session at a hearing this past Monday. My guess? The judge loves Twinkies and doesn't want to see the company go under, contrary to what he really says.  Okay, Judge Robert Drain claims, "My desire to do this is prompted primarily by the potential loss of over 18,000 jobs as well as my belief that there is a possibility to resolve this matter." Judge Drain will preside over the mediation today.

Hostess announced on Friday that it would be going out of business due to bankruptcy and a labor strike. By Friday night, every food shelf in America was sold out of Twinkies. Trust me, I know! I went on a hunt for them. By Saturday, even the Hostess outlets were sold out of Twinkies. Knowing that we live in a greedy country, I had to see what the going rate for a box of Twinkies was on eBay. My jaw dropped when I saw a box being sold for $200,000. Other hostess products were in the $50 to $75 range. To me it seems, Hostess is either really going out of business or evil marketing geniuses! Personally, I think whoever sold their box of Twinkies for $200,000, should hand the money over to Hostess to help them get back on their feet. Yeah, right! Who am I kidding? 

 Bakers union rep Jeffrey Freund of Bredhoff and Kaiser said he's "hopeful" about the mediation and so is Hostess. Hostess CEO Gregory Rayburn says, "We're happy for any result that can be achieved and will put the people back to work and get the company bankruptcy!" The case has been adjourned until 11 AM on Wednesday to make time for today's 1PM mediation. Keep those fingers crossed Twinkie-heads! We might not be losing Twinkie after all! And to all of you who stocked up on Twinkies, you're lucky the holiday is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment