About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, December 7, 2012

BREAKING UP ISN'T THAT HARD TO DO



Well, that was three minutes that I'll never get back! I'm talking about some music video that was put on YouTube to explain a couple's breakup. That's right! 31-year-old, Ivory King, and 30-year-old, Jonathan Mann, a musically inclined couple from the creative side of Brooklyn, decided to end their five-year relationship through song. So, they created a short breakup music video to share the news with their friends. Find anything weird about this? I do! I could care less about your relationship! I have my own problems! Are anyone’s private lives even private anymore? Are we so attached to social media that even our breakups have to be public knowledge? Just saying! 

Anyway, Mann posted the video online late Wednesday, and now it's soon-to-be a viral YouTube hit with over 100,000 hits already. Mann stated that it was a bittersweet ending to a five-year relationship and that he wanted kids and she didn't. The lyrics to their song "We’ve Gotta Break Up" reflected the Williamsburg couple's baby-crazy downfall and the reassurance to their friends that they won't have to pick sides. They both agreed that they still loved each other, but because they want different things, they couldn't be together. Mann says that it was Ivory's idea to do the music video because it would be the easiest way to break the news to their friends. He says, "I didn't want to post it on Facebook and have that be it. And I didn't want to have to explain it over and over to people, because that can be really painful. Plus, I hoped it would feel cathartic to make this together, as sort of our final act." I, personally, could've done without it, but my curiosity was raised and I had to take a look. It was like a train wreck...Better yet, it was like watching The Jersey Shore, and I couldn't look away! I really wanted to after I saw their made up dance at the chorus where they did some variation of the Chicken Dance! Really?
Heartbreak aside, Mann's been pretty pleased by his friends' reactions. He went on to say that he and King have been together so long that they have so many mutual friends, so it was sort of a big thing for them to break up. He says friends have been super supportive and they're happy that they made the video and that the split was amicable. The music video was actually part of Mann's ongoing "Song of the Day" project, where for more than 1400 consecutive days; he's posted a new song on YouTube. The full-time musician often enlisted King's help because she's a writer who also sings and plays the bass clarinet. How will this affect their musical relationship?  I have to admit this was a pretty stupid idea and you can't help, but to make fun of it. Even if I was a friend of theirs who the video was actually for, I think that I would have to ridicule both of them for the rest of their live because the video is absolutely silly! I've posted the video below. Let's see how far you can get without shutting it off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment