About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

FIRED FOR HATING PEOPLE, BUT OH, SO FUNNY!!


I shouldn't love this story, but I totally do! Let's see what you think. So, a Boston Market employee recently ranted about his hatred of customers to a fellow employee. Unbeknownst to him, the other employee turned out to be an undercover top-level company executive who was filming a segment for the CBS reality show, "Undercover Boss" and now he finds himself on the unemployment line today. That's right! The footage that aired on February 1 shows the employee, named only as Ronnie, calling guests at the company's location in Duluth, Georgia, "selfish and demanding."

Ronnie revealed to the undercover Chief Brand Officer, Sara Bittorf, who was posing as a trainee waitress, Rachel Rand, "I literally hate customers more than anything in the entire world. I hate them so much. They're terrible. It's all about them all the time and they demand everything." Bittorf had been sent on the undercover mission by her CEO to investigate this particular restaurant. 

The program shows Bittorf becoming livid with shift supervisor Ronnie, having to excuse herself a few times from the kitchen so she can catch her breath. In a cut scene, Bittorf revealed, "My job's on the line. Here I am a representative of this brand and this is what happens. It can't happen on my watch. I can't have someone who just told me that they hate customers more than anything in the world, serving our guests. That's the complete antithesis of what we stand for."

 Bittorf decided to tell Ronnie the truth of who she was; she then scolded him, before telling the branch manager and advising that Ronnie be fired. Showing no remorse, he responded with, "I would tell them my attitude would change but I didn't think it was that terrible. It's not wrong of me to hate people." 

Okay, now for my take on this. I think it's absolutely hysterical because I hate people too! Here's the downside, though. I don't think that I would like to have someone who hates people serving me food. I also feel that Ronnie was entrapped by his company just to film a TV show. Didn't he have to sign a waiver for this to air or something? How can he agree to let this air when it makes him look like this terrible monster who hates people. After this incident, Ronnie should learn his lesson not to really let complete strangers know his true feelings. Like they say, you never know who is listening!    

No comments:

Post a Comment