About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

FACEBBOOK FIGHT CLUB

So, originally, I was going to write about a 45-year-old virgin from Britain, who flew here to the US to have sex with a sex surrogate for the first time, and then I thought, "Isn't that just a legal term for a prostitute? Don't they have hookers in England? Or did Jack the Ripper kill them all?" Then, I wanted to write about another teacher in Texas who had sex with another student, but this time the student smartened up and began blackmailing her to get him alcohol and weed, which might not have been a bad story, but how many teacher-student sex stories do you want me to write for you before we realize there's a problem here? Unless, we really like those stories? Well, like I normally do, I found the diamond in the rough that I would like to discuss today. Facebook has a "Fight Club" page! No, I don't mean a Tyler Durden Fight Club page! I mean there was a page up of kids actually sending in videos of their school fights! I am beside myself as I sit here chuckling. 

Don't get me wrong, I do not condone fighting, especially, at the high school level because fighting has probably come from some sort of bullying. I do have to say, though, back in my grade school years, many, many years ago, I have thrown down and I've witnessed some amazing fights and rumbles. Can you imagine if we had video cell phones back then? We'd be able to go back and see how much of a bunch of idiots we looked like. Well, students at the Bridgewater-Raritan High School in Somerset County, NJ will be able to do just that. A page on Facebook called "BRHS Fights" encourages students at the central New Jersey high school to share videos of student brawls. As of Wednesday, the page has not been shut down, but the incriminating footage has been taken down. 


The anonymous creator, who set up the page for students at BRHS, posted that they would "rather stay anonymous than be known as the idiot who got caught." "BRHS Fights" racked up more than a thousand "Likes" since it was set up two weeks ago with at least five videos posted. The page's creator initially asked Facebook users to send videos via message or email and they will post them for all to see and that their names will not be disclosed. According to school officials, they had no legal recourse to remove the videos, but did want them taken down.

The altercations were obviously captured on cell phones at spots on and near the high school grounds. One video included a "4th Period Cat Fight" between two girls outside the school and a lunchroom row. Some students say that they're ashamed of the negative attention, but I'm sure those were the nerds and the ass-kissers in the school. One student was quoted as saying, "It's a shame that people are fighting all the time. It's even more of a shame that people are putting it on Facebook." I would tell that student to go hug a tree! People fight in high school. Not everyone is going to get along. Plus, at that age, sometimes it's good to get a little aggression out as long as their doing it with their fists and not firearms. That same student also stated, "I can see the next day someone walking into school and saying, 'I saw you on Facebook. I saw you got beat up on Facebook. You suck at fighting,' and if that happened to me, I would get hurt. I would feel you could never show your face again at school." Is this person for real? Before there were cell phones and Facebook, kids in high school used to get their asses kicked all the time. Just because it wasn't glorified through media doesn't mean that it didn't happen. The losers still walked through the school being laughed at and do you think they wanted to show their faces in the school ever again? Probably not, but they did and it built character back then. People need to stop being so coddled!


A school official said that there's been a rash of fights breaking out at the school with at least seven in the first two weeks of March. Well, now you know why! The school administration knew the identities of the students involved in the fights before the videos were even posted and those students were given multi-day suspensions. Facebook commenters called the page "disgusting." I think it's a harsh look at reality. The bottom line is that fights happen in schools. You don't want your kids to be a part of it, but sometimes it's inevitable. I would take seeing video footage of a school fight on Facebook over a kid gunning down the entire school any day and I'm sure many of you will agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment