About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

GHETTO BOOTY?

What the hell is "Ghetto Booty"? Well, according to Terry Ragland, 55, from Jackson, Tennessee, it's a medical condition. That's what her doctor diagnosed her with. Ragland had been coping with severe lower back problems, so she chose to see Dr. Timothy Sweo from Sports Orthopedics and Spine in Jackson last April. During her visit, she could not believe what had come out his mouth. She told a local news channel, "He said, 'I know what the problem is. It's ghetto booty.' I think I blacked out after he said ghetto booty. I think my mind was just stuck on the phrase because I couldn't believe he said that." 

Sweo diagnosed Ragland with lumbar lordosis, but decided to take the technical jargon and put them in layman's terms for her, which is how he explained his actions after she had complained to the office manager. To make matters worse, Sweo told her there was no remedy for her condition, even though she could manage it with pain medication. Ragland explained to the news channel that to her that means he doubts that she has any type of intellect and has no intelligence to be able to understand what he conveys in medical terms. 

Sweo did admit when the cameras were off that he indeed said "ghetto booty' to Ragland, who has since filed a formal complaint with the state's Department of Health. He says, "What I was trying to explain to the patient is that she has lumbar lordosis, which is a fancy name for the curve of the lower spine that makes the buttocks protrude more. In trying to explain that I said that she had ghetto booty, and she didn't like that apparently. That was my attempt to explain why she had the back problem."This guys is a moron! If he wanted to explain it without all of the technical mumbo jumbo, why didn't he just explain it the way he did when the camera's were off. He wouldn't be in this hot water if he had thought about it first. That would be like me going to an eye doctor and the eye doctor telling me I have "chink eye". It's not right! The state will determine whether the doctor will be sanctioned. 

Sweo went on to bury himself by saying, "I think I do understand why her feelings were hurt but I don't understand what's offensive about it." Ragland responded with "It's not endearing. It's not loving. It's not a compliment. It's wrong in every aspect and it's very demeaning!"

Sweo has practiced general orthopedics for 12 years according to the Sports Orthopedics and Spine website and he writes that "my goal is to provide top quality service to all our patients. To help heal injury and treat the pains of aging, with the appropriate non-surgical treatments, and do that with great professionalism and compassion." Sure, looks like he's doing that. I'm not saying that Dr. Sweo is a bad doctor. He might be a great orthopedist, but his social skills may be a little off if he thinks he can get away with telling a black woman that she has ghetto booty. There's something very wrong with that. What do you guys think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment