About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WANNA QUIT SMOKING?

Are you a smoker who is having a hard time quitting? E-cigarettes or the patch just aren't working for you? Maybe you can try Ibrahim Yucel's method of putting a cage around your head! That's right! 42-year-old Yucel from Kutahya, Turkey, has been smoking 2 packs a day since he was 16-years-old, but to kick the habit, he's resorted to imprisoning his own head. How are you not laughing your ass off right now?

Yucel's father recently died from lung cancer, which is inspiring him to try and ditch the smokes for good. As a former smoker of 20 years, myself, quitting is a pretty daunting task. Non-smokers don't really understand that nicotine is a drug that, to me, might be stronger than heroin. The second that I took a drag from a cigarette and the nicotine got into my system, I just fiended for more. I didn't care how I smelled or how I made other people smell. I was inconsiderate. My father suffered from a cancerous tumor and survived chemo and radiation treatment. You would think that after something like that it would scare someone into never smoking, but the peer pressure around me got to my mind and eventually so did the nicotine. After many failed attempts at using the patch and cutting down, I still found myself smoking. At this point I truly wanted to quit because I had this terrible hacking cough that I just couldn't get rid of. Finally, five years ago, a combination of my sister telling me that my niece smelled like cigarettes because I was carrying her and my fiancée, whom I just started dating at the time, told me she couldn't be with a smoker, I used my mind to quit and have never looked back since. I quit cold turkey and have not touched a cigarette since 2008 nor do I even think about or want one. It was a disgusting habit that I am happy is gone with my hacking cough. My point is I would never put a cage around my head! This is ridiculous!

 
So, back to Yucel, he created a two-lock cage from 130 feet of copper wire, giving one key to his wife and the other to his daughter. The weird device allows him to breathe, eat crackers through gaps and drink through a straw. Apparently, since donning the head cage a couple of days ago, he's not smoked a single cigarette. Hey, who am I to judge? If he thinks this will help him quit, more power to him! You'll never find any American using this method. We're too vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment