About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Monday, September 23, 2013

EATING HIS WAY THROUGH COLLEGE

I think I've mentioned before that I am back in school to earn another degree. Well, being back in school also means more school loans to pay back. Well, if you ask Eric Dahl from the University of Wisconsin how he's paying his tuition, he'll tell you that he is paying his way by eating. That's right! I said eating! Eric, here, is a competitive eater and has earned more than $180,000 just from eating competitions.

This computer engineering student, who has been nicknamed, "Silo", now ranks third in the world of competitive eating as determined by All Pro Eating rankings, though he once held the top spot. Wait a minute! There's actually an All Pro Eating ranking? What the hell? I love to eat and all, but seriously? Dahl has earned more than $18,000 in prize money or merchandise to help pay for his education. He says, "I'm eating for my education. It helps me get through." 

Silo was drawn to competitive eating back in 2011, at the former Big Red's Steakhouse in Madison, Wisconsin. Not wanting to pay for his meal, he signed up for a challenge that read: "Eat a three-pound cheesesteak sandwich in less than 10 minutes and skip the bill." Silo finished in 5 minutes and 50 seconds. Wow! He says that it just started rolling from there. Silo's first paycheck came from Dickey's Barbecue Pit in suburban Minneapolis, where he earned $250 for inhaling nine pulled-pork sandwiches in six minutes. 

The former high school athlete found the competition and its over-the-top atmosphere reminiscent of the WWE. He says, "I really get pumped when the crowd starts cheering. I'm friends with the other competitive eaters, but once I'm on stage, I don't have any friends." Am I the only one who finds this hysterical? The 6-foot-3 Silo said he walks a few miles a day, lifts weights twice a week and plays intramural soccer and hockey to maintain his 220-pound weight. According to reports, Silo eats no more than 3,100 calories a day, mostly vegetables to avoid increasing his waistline and stretching his stomach by eating 10 pounds of cabbage or broccoli in a single sitting followed by a lot of water. I would hate to be his roommate. That room must stink like some bad farts!

Silo's next scheduled contest is this Saturday for $1000 at a national pizza-eating contest on Library Mall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This story is absolutely amazing! Like I said, though, with all the cabbage and broccoli intake, that dorm must smell lovely. What about the food intake? This guy must crap like an animal! Aaaah, to be young again and to be able to eat whatever the hell you please in abundance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment