About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

SHOOTING STRIKES TOO CLOSE TO HOME THIS TIME

Okay, to ban guns or not to ban guns? That's been the debate and within the last week, we've had shootings in two highly populated areas. Last night, in particular, happened at a mall that I used to call home and a mall that my own mother still works at. I'm not sure anyone can understand the phrase "freaking out" when you feel helpless and there's a gunman on the loose in a mall where your loved one is. 

Do I think banning guns is the answer? No! I've been reading my Facebook status comments and I do not agree with some of you commenting. I think that we should have the right to bear arms, but I also think that it should be regulated. Just like driving a car, you should have to take numerous tests including a psychological one before anyone can receive any sort of license to carry a gun. People who are dumb and psychotic should not be able to carry dangerous weapons. I mean take this Garden State Plaza shooter for example? How the hell does 20-year-old Richard Shoop of Teaneck, NJ, get a hold of an AK-47 rifle? How is he able to just walk into a mall with it? The crazy part is after watching the news feed for three hours last night in concern for my mother, who was on lockdown inside of Macy's and was not answering her cell phone, we learned that Shoop walked into The Plaza wearing just a leather jacket that some considered armor and a motorcycle helmet carrying this AK-47, but only shooting it in the air. The kid clearly wasn't in the mall hunting humans. Then what the hell was in the mall carrying a gun for? To scare people? He sounds like an asshole to me! 

 Luckily at around midnight, my mother and her Macy's co-workers were finally released after being on lockdown inside the store since 9:30 pm. They locked down every store in the mall once the shooting was heard and people ran for their lives. One mall worker walked right by the Shoop in horror, and he looked at her and said, "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." What the hell? Another thing that is confusing is that this kid chose to start shooting when the mall was closed as opposed to during the day when there are more people in the mall. What was he after if he wasn't on a manhunt? 

At around 3:20 am, Shoop was found dead in a corridor of the mall. He was apparently killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound. You know what? Good riddance! Apparently, his family found some sort of note. Who cares? Your son was a sicko! If he wanted to off himself, why did he have to threaten hundreds of others, including my mother, while he did it. This did not have to happen. The real problem here is where did he get his hands on an assault rifle? I still can't wrap my head around this. Either way, I'm glad this kid is dead and my mom is home safe and sound!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tim, sorry to hear that you had to sit there and go through this bull shit because of this asshole. I am glad to hear that your mom and her coworkers made it outs ok. If civilians were aloud to carry personal handguns, this type of thing would be over as soon as it starts. All it would of taken is one or two well place rounds by a single person in that mall to stop this kid. I wish I was there, he would of been dead within the first few rounds he fired off.

    Larry J.

    ReplyDelete