About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

TIPS4JESUS?

As I sit here and write my 500th blog post, I would like to thank each and every one of you, who make me want to wake up every morning to entertain you with my random thoughts on random news stories. Thank you for reading! I never thought people actually read this thing. I only started writing it as a stress reliever, but then I started going places and people were telling me how much they loved reading it. For some of you, it's the first thing you read in the morning along with your morning coffee. You have no idea, how good that really makes me feel! My favorite part of the 499 previous blogs has been the interaction on Facebook about these posts. Again, I want to thank you all for reading! Now, let's see if I can get to 1000! 

Let's start 500 off with a nice story about a do-gooder, who's dropped an eye-watering $54,000 in gratuities at bars and restaurants across the country in the past few weeks. Yes, I said $54,000! Servers in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Chicago and Los Angeles have already been left with gigantic smiles on their faces after discovering the enormous bonuses on their tables. Not much is known about who's behind the stunt, but the person, or people responsible, do however, have an Instagram page tagged with "doing the Lord's work one tip at a time." The page also has uploaded snapshots of happy eatery staff with the astonishing receipts.

At first waiters and waitresses were left a bit confused by the mega-tips and even questioned whether they were the real deal, but one bartender, who also benefited from the generosity, had come forward to verify that he was lucky enough to pick up a $7,000 tip for a $215 tab. One owner in Ann Arbor confirmed that he served the big tipper in September when he was in town for the Notre Dame-Michigan game. This is absolutely absurd! But it's a great story! It would actually be nice to know that these big tips were being given to families who really need it like single moms or people who are trying to work through college. That would make the story great for the holidays. Then again, I'm sure one of you will comment on Facebook that this is a hoax or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment