About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THINK SHE TOOK A TRIPLE-DOG-DARE?

Remember this famous scene from "A Christmas Story?" Of course, you do! You just watched it a million and one times over this past holiday season. Well, apparently a 12-year-old New Hampshire girl paid no attention to the classic holiday film because her tongue was stuck to a flag pole after licking it during a blizzard. Yes, it's true! People really were born last night!

12-year-old, Maddie Gilmartin from East Kingston, New Hampshire was left a little tongue tied for more than 15 minutes after performing the nutty stunt made famous by the movie "A Christmas Story" outside her East Kingston home this past Thursday. Gilmartin claims there was no "triple-dog-dare." She just did it spontaneously "just to see what would happen." Well, she was left in agony after her tongue froze to the metal. This was an apparent case of curiosity killing the cat.

Gilmartin's dad, Shawn said, "I see her standing at the flagpole, her arms waving. I'm not sure what's going on until I got closer. She tried to pull her tongue off of it as soon as it happened, and that's what made it bleed. I had my hands cupped. I was blowing and breathing on her lips and tongue." Shawn and his wife frantically tried to free their young daughter using warm water, but it took paramedics, who arrived 15 minutes later, to release the 12-year-old. 

Maddie is expected to have a full recovery, but doctors have warned the family that it may take up to six months for the swelling to go down. Okay, here's my take on this; Maddie's parents are pretty dumb for not allowing this poor little girl to watch "A Christmas Story." If they did allow her to watch and she didn't really pay attention to the movie, then she's pretty dumb! When I was her age many years ago, I saw "A Christmas Story" and that scene scare the hell out of me. I would never want my tongue stuck on a flag pole in the middle of a snow storm. Let's not forget that flag pole is probably not that clean either. Why would you even think to put your tongue on it for even a second even if you didn't see the movie? Also, no one dared this girl to do it? She just did on her own "just to see what would happen?" Well, then you get what you deserve, honey! Enjoy your tongue being swelled up until June! That's what you get for being so stupid! No, I'm not picking a fight with a 12-year-old, but come on.....


No comments:

Post a Comment