About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A REAL APRIL FOOL

     Everyone loves a good April Fools' joke. For instance; yesterday on Facebook, I posted an old photo of me with short hair saying that "as of today, I'm officially a short hair again." The response that I received was unbelievable. I got over a hundred "Likes" and comments that stated I looked better with short hair anyway, some called me a sell out, and some simply said it looked good. Half way through the day, I finally mentioned that I did not cut my hair and it was just an April Fools' joke. Another joke that I saw yesterday that actually got me was one that included the band Kiss. Supposedly, they were re-releasing all of their old records on vinyl and one person posted a photo of the old records with the two new members of Kiss (Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer) placed in the place of Peter Criss and Ace Frehley, who were originally on those record covers. I was irate! But then I found out it was an April Fools' joke. Those are harmless April Fools' jokes! Apparently, Angela Timmons, an employee at Virginia College in South Carolina did not get the memo on how to play a harmless April Fools' prank. 

     Timmons was arrested yesterday after allegedly texting to her daughter, April Timmons, that a shooter was on the loose at her school as her April Fools' Day prank. April, who was in New York, called 911 and police rushed to the scene prepared for the worst. Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said, "I"m thinking Columbine High School, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech." But police soon found that nothing was wrong at Virginia College and Angela Timmons soon admitted to her daughter that it was just a hoax. 

     April told the 911 dispatcher, "Oh my goodness! She's saying she's playing an April Fools' joke. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry sir." Timmons said that she and her daughters typically try to trick each other on April Fools' Day, but now sees that this one was inappropriate, especially considering the recent mass shootings. NOW she sees it? Is she a moron? What a dope!

     Investigators found no evidence that Timmons had "done such jokes on April Fools in the past." Sheriff Wright was grateful that there was not actually a shooter on campus, but was highly disappointed in Timmons' sense of humor. He says, "Text someone and tell them their tire's flat, that's funny. We're talking about death. It's real. The people of Sandy Hook, when they see this online, they're not going to think it's very funny. I don't think it's very funny." Timmons was charged with one count of aggravated breach of peace, one count of disturbing a school and two counts of unlawful use of a telephone, which was my favorite count. This prank actually reminded of the one Opie and Anthony did when they were still working in Boston and they said on the air that the Mayor of Boston had died, which wasn't true. Needless, to say the guys lost their jobs in Boston, but they ended up becoming stars in New York because of it. I don't see Timmons become much of a star after this. What an April Fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment