About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

BEERPOPS

     Now, I'm not a big beer drinker because of an allergic reaction that I get to any alcohol. So, I'm writing about this new creation to find out what your thoughts are about them. So, anyway; Lollyphile, the candy company that brought you breast milk, bleu cheese and Sriracha bacon-flavored lollipops, has released not one but three different brew-related "suckers." Does that sound even remotely interesting to you? I mean I'm still stuck on breast milk, bleu cheese and Sriracha bacon-flavored lollipops. That peeked my interest. 

     The new lolly flavors include India pale ale, IPA, and the lager, which Lollyphile boasts, "The King of Lollipops! A real banquet lollipop! An All-American slam-dunk barbecue apple pie bada - lollipop!"

     Lollyphile owner Jason Darling says, "We tried our best to stay true to each of these varieties, Stout being big and dark, IPA being hoppy as hell, and Lager based on our favorite Pilsner. It was, to say the least, a very fun flavor matching experience." If beer is not your thing, but you're interested in a boozy pop, Lollyphile also sells cabernet, chardonnay, and merlot lollipops for you winos out there, as well as candies inspired by spirits like absinthe and bourbon.


     Here's the big question that I know all of you are going to ask me; will these pops get you drunk? The answer is no. The only thing these lollipops will do is give you a huge sugar rush. According to their website, the sweet treats do not contain any alcohol. They are mainly flavored like your favorite alcohol. So, I guess they're not like those little chocolate liquors that you know that some of you alcoholics turn to when you're in a binge. Now, that I know that there is no alcohol in these pops, I might be willing to try them for the taste of those alcoholic beverages that I can no longer drink. Here's another question; can the taste of these pops make a reformed alcoholic turn to drinking again? I mean, I know it would be the alcohol that makes them become alcoholics, but will the taste of the pop make them miss the taste? Just saying that this sounds like a good idea, but can also be a very bad one. By the way, I'm still stuck on the breast milk pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment