About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

THE FIRST RECONSTRUCTED PENIS TO CONCEIVE A CHILD

     I found this story absolutely fascinating! I'm not sure if the part that I found fascinating was that this guy lost half of his penis when he was a child during a botched circumcision or the fact that he was able to have a child. Either way, both stories are unreal! The circumcision story reminds me of that old cross-eyed Rabbi joke, but I couldn't stop thinking, "Poor guy!"

     Anyway, Mike Moore, a Mississippi man has become the first person in the world with a reconstructed penis to conceive a child. The 30-year-old had his member amputated when he was just 7 years old after doctors botched what should have been a routine circumcision. Wait! Isn't a circumcision the cutting of the foreskin? Were these doctors drunk? I mean how do you mess up a circumcision? Have a Rabbi come in and do it for crying out loud! The trauma caused Moore to be bullied at school, which spiraled into a deep depression. I mean if doctors accidentally cut my penis off, I'd be pretty depressed too!

     Seven years ago, Moore's uncle saw a documentary on the work of a Stanford Medical Center plastic surgeon, Dr. Gordon Lee. Moore had already undergone failed reconstruction attempts, but thought he might get lucky on his fourth try. In 2007, he had his penis successfully rebuilt out of his own thigh tissue. This was only Lee's second time performing the operation. Didn't I just write about a guy in China who actually did this as well? Only he had his penis grown on his forehead or something like that. Anyway, even though Moore was starting to feel like a complete man again, his first marriage broke down. Maybe his first wife liked his stub?

     Moore met his current wife, Heather, in 2011, and the couple who failed to conceive naturally, decided to go to artificial insemination and they gave birth to baby Memphis six months ago. Moore said, "The one thing I wanted most was a family, and I didn't think it was going to happen--to have kids or to have a wife who loved me for who I am. Then on October 4, we had Memphis, and I love that little boy with all my heart!"

     The Moores traveled to Palo Alto, California to introduce Memphis to Dr. Lee, who said, "His story is, as far as I know, a first in the world for totally reconstructed penis to go and have a baby." The couple is now planning for baby number two! I have to admit, I am really happy for the Moores, but I'm a little suspect. He now has a reconstructed penis, does that mean he can still ejaculate? If he can, then this might be able to happen. If not, how did they artificially inseminate? Like I said, either way, this is a great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment