About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

...AND THIS IS THE "BATHROOM SWEET"

     Does anyone remember that scene in the Willy Wonka remake where Johnny Depp, who plays Wonka, builds a palace for an Indian prince out of chocolate? Do you also remember what happened after Wonka told him that he could only live in the palace for a short period of time, but the prince shunned Wonka and ended up having all of that chocolate melt on top of him and his wife. Well it seems life is getting to imitate art...sort of. And I must say, that if I had the money...Oh boy!

     Anyway, it turns out an interior designer and a chocolatier have teamed up to create a bathroom set that may not be practical, but sure looks delectable. A decadent chocolate bathroom set that contains 12 years' worth of calories looks like something Willy Wonka would have dreamed up is being sold online for more than $133,000. That's right! $133,000. For a bathroom set that you can essentially eat after you use it to bathe. I might have to second think my first thought of "If I had the money." On second thoughts that would be gross! And how do you clean it? 

     Bathrooms.com and Choccywoccydoodah, a U.K.-based team of designers and chocolatiers recently joined forces for the 100% Belgian chocolate fixtures. The unique and tasty bathroom set includes a bidet, a tub, a toilet and a basin. The idea was inspired by the common confusion of the words "suite" and "sweet" in Web searches. Bathrooms.com CEO Ian Monk said, "As a consequence of shoppers searching for 'bathroom sweets,' we decided to answer their search, literally. Our very own exclusive chocolate bathroom suite, based on our Maderno range, was initially a bit of fun, but once we realized it was possible to actually make, we knew we decided to buy Bathroomsweets.com and list the product." 

     The full set is made up of an estimated 9.4 million calories worth of chocolate and stays solid for at least six months as long as it is kept at room temperature. The pieces are also for sale individually and priced as follows: Bidet - $11,700, Sink $15,000, Toilet - $23,400 and the Tub - $83,600. This chocolate will melt if left by a radiator or in direct sunlight or if it gets splashed with a hot liquid. So, basically, you can't take a hot bath in this tub, you can't have any windows in your bathroom, and your bathroom needs to be ice cold to have this set for only six months. I think I will pass, however, I would love an opportunity to christen that chocolate toilet bowl if you know what I mean. Maybe add some of my own chocolate to the chocolate bowl. 

     The makers of the bathroom set say, "It's suggested that one shouldn't attempt to consume the entire suite in one session, and it's made clear that anyone inquiring about the set should expect a 2-3 month delivery time, as they are made fresh to order." Yeah, it does look very cool, but I couldn't justify eating a toilet bowl that I just pooped and peed in or a tub that I just laid my dirty body in to bathe. That chocolate would taste nasty. So, what happens when the six months is up? Do you have a "eat my bathroom set" party? Like I said earlier, this looks so cool, but what a dumb idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment