Sorry, I know it's been a few days since I've blogged and I know all of you look so forward to my writing! Yeah right! The days have been pretty busy and tonight is no different. Tonight, I'm heading to New York City for a gala honoring one of the true great men in my life, my Uncle Will, who is being honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as an architect. This should be an amazing night for him and my entire family. I can only aspire to be half the man he is.
Okay, that being said, back to writing my raunchy and dirty blog! This story kind of freaked me out because after reading the story and looking at the pictures, the hotel looked kind of familiar. Let me just get to the story. So, a night of passion ended in tragedy last Tuesday when a Canadian couple died while having sex in a hotel hot tub during their daughter's destination wedding. Talk about a killbuzz!
67-year-old, Charles Mackenzie, suffered a heart attack and toppled over his wife Dorothy, drowning the 63-year-old as the two were making hot passionate love in the whirlpool spa at a Mexico resort. The couple was supposed to watch their 35-year-old daughter get married on the beach in two days until she made the terrible discovery Tuesday morning. Um, it's bad enough that she walked in on her parents naked and having sex, but to find them dead, naked and having sex takes it to a whole new level. Their deaths were deemed accidental and were believed to be linked.
According to an official from the Mexican state of Quintana Roo (That's basically Cancun for you non-travelers), Dorothy died of asphyxia by submersion (she drowned) moments after her husband passed. The couple traveled from Nova Scotia to Playa del Carmen in Mexico (I still call it Cancun) to celebrate their daughter's big day. No word if the wedding still went on this past Thursday, but I doubt it. The family said they were too devastated to think that far ahead after the tragedy is what they told newspapers at the time of the couples death. Mackenzie's brother-in-law told one newspaper, "I know that they're more concerned about the remains and cremation and things like that. I don't really know about the wedding."
A spokesperson for the Playacar Palace hotel dismissed an earlier report that the couple had been electrocuted in the hot tub. He told the press, "The room was perfectly fine. All the equipment was working perfectly." Well, of course, he would say that. What's he going to say? "Some of our equipment is questionable." The couples death is still under investigation. I have to say, if it wasn't on their daughter's wedding week, what a way to go! Talk about going out with a BANG! Too soon?