About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, May 25, 2012

WHAT THE.....

Okay, when I first read this story, I wasn't quite sure what was going on. I thought it was some sort of Madame Butterfly moment, but it wasn't. In fact, this is a pretty weird one, but I feel like I've heard this story before, only this time there's a happy ending.

It turns out; five years ago, a Denver Colorado man named Steve Crecelius, who was married for 25 years and had six kids with his wife, made a life-changing discovery about himself from a visit to the emergency room for a kidney stone, of all things! He found out that he is a woman! WHAT? How do you not know this at your age? Did you think that all men had vaginas? Funny that I ask that! Steve was happily married to his wife and working as a photographer in Denver when he learned he was intersex, which is just another word for hermaphrodite, a person born with both male and female anatomy. Does this mean he had boobs too? This is all very confusing to me!

Stevie, as he is now being called, told a TV station that he had a kidney stone and was taken to the emergency room, when the nurse reading the ultrasound said, "Huh, this says you're a female!" Stevie said that he was shocked, but not incredibly surprised because he felt that it validated everything he felt inside. I'm afraid to even touch that one with any sort of dirty joke! 

He went on to say that the diagnosis made perfect sense. Stevie remembered wearing his mom's clothes and makeup in private. He said that when he was 17, he worked his first part-time job at a TV station as a floor cameraman and the person in charge said to him that he walked like a "Queer". That's not nice! 

So, after the diagnosis, Steve decided to live his life as Stevie, a woman. Part of the process was explaining the decision to the six children, which she felt was a problem. "How do you tell your kids that, well, it's no longer dad, it's dadette?" she said. Stevie did say that everyone was supportive of his decision, especially his wife. All of them said to him, "I don't care, dad! I love you for who you are!"

Five years later, Stevie lives happily as a woman. She takes hormone pills, but has no plans to get rid of her male parts. Why would she? If I had both, I know what I would be doing every time my other half told me she had a headache! Anyway, Stevie is still happily married to her wife, Debbie. The couple still lives together and shares the same bad, and why not? Debbie can have the best of both worlds in bed! Okay, now I'm getting out of hand with this! All I have to say to end this blog is one word.....WEIRD!

No comments:

Post a Comment