About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Monday, July 21, 2014

REMOVE THE TATTOO OR LOOSE YOUR JOB

     Isn't this 2014? Are we still discriminating against people with tattoos? I mean seriously? Apparently, in Michigan they don' like tattoos, which is weird because I know plenty of people from Michigan and they're all tatted up. So, anyway, a Starbucks barista in Michigan could lose her job over a tattoo on her hand that is smaller than a penny. 

     The woman told a news source that she was recently given an ultimatum to get rid of her tattoo within 30 days or resign. According to the barista, "It's just a little heart; you can cover it up with your thumb. It's not offensive to anybody and now I am being told after five years of having this tattoo, being hired in that, I have to get rid of it or resign from my job."

     The 27-year-old woman from Rochester Hills said that the tattoo is located above her left thumb and she had it when Starbucks originally hired her five years ago. She has been using makeup to hide it, but apparently, that didn't satisfy her bosses at a Starbucks in Troy, Michigan. According to Starbucks, company policy bars baristas from having visible tattoos. They say, "This is part of our dress code policy and is discussed with our candidates during the interview process."

     Again, I ask: Is this 2014? I mean discrimination of people with tattoos is a thing of the past. In fact, last I checked; any sort of discrimination is a thing of the past. Then again, Troy, Michigan might be a city that hasn't really caught up yet. I'm pretty sure that I've seen tattoos on baristas at Starbucks in NYC and even here in NJ. So, if this is a dress code policy, it's not a strict one. Besides what's a small tattoo that looks like a birth mark really going to do to someone's coffee? Starbuck's needs to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment