About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

CAFFEINE YOU CAN INHALE?

If I told you that I'd like to shove a cup of coffee up your nose, would you let me? Probably not, but instead of drinking caffeine, a Harvard brainchild has come up with a way to inhale it!

David Edwards, a biomedical engineering professor, expects his new product, AeroShot, a lipstick-sized case of breathable caffeine, to give Red Bull and Monster a run for it's money. According to Edwards, "The act of putting it in your mouth is the act of breathing, so it's sort of surprising and often people the first time they take the AeroShot, they laugh!"

Unfortunately, party-pooping New York Senator Chuck Schumer is worried that the product, which Edwards developed with a French company, could fuel club kids to party until they drop dead. Fearing that it could become another Four Loko, the caffeinated alcohol drink the State Liquor Authority took off the shelves last year, Schumer begged the FDA to test AeroShot to ensure it's safety.

AeroShot contains no alcohol, and each canister packs 100 milligrams of lime-flavored caffeine and vitamin B. It's packaging warns users to not take more than three AeroShots per day, and kids under 12, pregnant women, and people allergic to ragweed are advised to stay away from this product. Edwards insists that it's a safe product!

The product hit New York stores about a month ago, but store owners say that sales have been sluggish. Maybe it's because no one knows about it? But a few store owners have said that they've had to send cases back to the distributor because they've sold none of the $2.99 canisters.

I have to be honest, I'm a little curious as to if it really works or not. I mean, I love my Red Bull and other energy drinks of the sort, and I also love my cups of coffee in the morning. Though, I am a little curious, I'm not sure that I would inhale a tube of caffeine. I'm probably better off doing a line of coke. Wouldn't that do the same thing? Would any of you try AeroShot?

No comments:

Post a Comment