About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DO YOU MAKE THE GRADE?

     I have to admit that I am so happy that I am no longer dating and will be someone's husband in less than two months. Some of the new apps on these smart phones lately don't even make dating fun anymore? What ever happened to courting a girl and doing your best to see if there is chemistry there? Or how about being on a bad date and watching the girl squirm to try to end the date sooner rather than later? With these new smartphone apps, they take the fun out of dating and I'm glad that I don't have to do it anymore. I mean only a couple weeks ago, I blogged about an app where women put a device, attached to their phone, on their shoe and when their date was going horrible, all they had to do was click their heels three times and it would trigger the app to call or text them with a family emergency. Like I said, no fun!

     Well, there are two more new dating apps that my fellow man has to be worried about. There is one called The Grade, which just launched on Monday, and was designed to weed out troublemakers and trolls by using an algorithm to assign academic letter grades for the men. The grades are based on user profiles, response rates and message quality, so that unresponsive users are penalized along with those who ask for suggestive photos. Individuals who end up with an "F" average are banned from the app, but they are given the opportunity to appeal their grade. Users who average a "C" or lower will get a warning along with advice on how to bump up their grades. The app was created after market research showed that women on popular dating apps were unhappy with the quantity of low-quality daters and the frequency of inappropriate, hostile and sexually suggestive messages. That's because women pick the wrong guys to date! They always do! Whoever said that men think with their dicks never took women into consideration because they think with their vaginas too and because of that, apps like these need to be developed. 


     Another app launched this month, but is only available to Apple users in the U.K. is called Antidate, which allows women to look at the profiles and locations of male users but the guy cannot view the woman's details unless she indicates that she wants to strike up a conversation with him. Therefore, it's up to the girls to make the first move. The idea for this app is for female users to not have to worry about getting bombarded with unwanted or explicit messages while the men can "sit back and relax" until the ladies initiate contact. Accounts are hooked up through Instagram and users are asked to upload real-time selfies that are then time-stamped. Antidate also features an "Eyeball ID," which is a positive rating if another Antidater confirms that you look like your picture. 

      I don't know. If I had to pick which app I liked best it would be the Antidate one because I feel that when I was dating, that's the way it went anyway. I would wait for the girls to friend me on Myspace or Facebook or whatever it was back when I was still dating. I wouldn't troll those pages and just friend strange women. Then again, there are men out there that do. Any way you look at this; dating is just not fun anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment