About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Monday, November 3, 2014

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?

     Am I the only one who goes to bed at night thinking that some strange critter will crawl into my ear and call it home while I'm sleeping? Or even worse; what if it climbs into my mouth since apparently, I sleep with my mouth open? Okay, ew!

     Anyway, that's exactly what happened to British pop singer Katie Melua a few days ago.  Last Monday, after hearing a "rustling" sound in her ear for about a week, she decided to go to the doctor to have the "rustling" checked out. When they looked into her ear canal, this is what they found staring back in them in the micro-cam: 

      
     I know, right? Melua, who is 30, believes that the spider crawled into her ear canal when she used some old in-ear monitors to "block out sound on a flight." In-ear monitors are those ear-pieces that you always see singers wearing so that they can hear the full live band and themselves in their ear while they perform. It's almost like wearing headphones. So, the spider apparently, set up residence for a full seven days and other than the "occasional shuffling noises," the pop star told her fans that the spider was really no hassle at all. Yeah, but it's still disgusting! I do have a question, however! As I always do! What if the spider decided to bite her? Would she be able to climb walls and sling webs like Spiderman? Or is someone going to tell me that Spiderman isn't real either?

       According to Dr. Phil Koehler, an entomology professor at the University of Florida, ear canals actually serve as a pretty comfy home for critters. They probably enter the ear canals as harborage for heat or for moisture. I'm going to have to keep my ears dry and closed from now on when I go to sleep! According to a spokesperson in Melua's camp, the singer released the spider in her garden, where hopefully there's more to eat. Is she kidding? I would have killed that thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment