About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

THE $1 MILLION DOLLAR COOKIE

     Now, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about this. I mean, if I had something that was worth $1 million on my plate? I might put it in my pocket and try to hock it later. I don't think that I would be eating it. Then again, after I tell you what these little treats are, you might not be able to control yourself. I type this as drool comes rolling down to my chin. 

     This year was a big year for inventions! A man was equipped with a bionic eye that allowed him to see for the first time in 30 years. This month, doctors figured out how to 3D print a knee joint. This year also produced an iPhone case that doubles as a taser. And now there are these tasty treats! The recipe for Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters has won this year's 49th Pillsbury Bake-Off and the lackluster edibles were valued at $1 million. Here's where I'll have you scratching your head. It's ingredients include refrigerated pie crust, vegetable shortening, peanut butter and some salted cocktail peanuts. That's all! $1 million? Really? 

     In a year that garnered the pleasure of docking our smartphones in a bowl of ramen, one would hope that a recipe with a bit more creativity would be crowned winner of this enormous baking competition. The Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters probably taste delicious, as anything made with peanut butter usually is, but their presentation might not scream $1 million, nor would it garner much attention at a PTA bake sale. Just saying!

     Since 1949, amateur bakers and dough enthusiasts around the US have participated in the Pillsbury Bake-Off competition. While the rules and prizes have been tweaked over the decades, but this year to be eligible to win the one million smacker grand prize, applicants were required to use at least two ingredients from an approved list, which included a bunch of Pillsbury products and secondary brands like Green Giant and Jif Peanut Butter and they were not allowed to use more than seven ingredients. This decades-old competition birthed some incredibly delicious homemade treats: Fudgy Bonbons, Candy Bar Cookies, and Peanut Blossoms. 2014 was the first year that voting was open to the public. So, Pillsbury isn't entirely to blame, right America? One of the runners-up was a Chocolate Doughnut Poppers, who was more deserving of the crown on appearance alone. No, I don't have photos of that one.

     Okay, so now I ask you, would you eat those $1 million cookies? I mean I could understand if the cookies were made with truffles or lobster or something, but peanut butter? I will admit that I am pretty hungry right now, so these things do look tasty, but for a million bucks, these things are going into my pocket and being sold to Slugworth....Only my Willy Wonka fans will get that reference!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment