About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TOO FAT TO TAN

First airlines are telling us we're too fat to fly, so we have to buy an extra seat and now tanning salons are telling us we're too fat to tan? That's what happened to Kelly McGrevey of Ohio. She went to a place called Aloha Tanning in Norton, Ohio because she wanted to get some color and get rid of her winter pale skin last Tuesday when a staff member told her that the beds wouldn't take her weight. I'm sorry, after reading what I just wrote; I accidentally spit my cereal all over the computer monitor! I have to admit, that takes a lot of balls to tell an overweight women that the tanning bed would not be able to hold her weight! Unbelievable! Why didn't they just tell the bed wouldn't be able to close either because she was so fat? I mean that's the same thing, right?

McGrevey said that it left her "humiliated" and "embarrassed" and asking for the $70 she'd spent just the previous day on the month-long tanning package to be refunded, but owner Justin Hileman supposedly refused and said that she should instead "dispute the charge with her credit card company." Wait a minute! How did they allow her to charge a month long package knowing full well that she was overweight and couldn't fit on a tanning bed? Something sounds fishy! According to one report, McGrevey took a tour of the salon last Monday and after getting a tan in a stand-up booth, she decided to purchase the special extended deal. I guess they just assumed she would use the stand-up bed for the rest of the month, which I guess makes sense.

Here's where the problem lies; McGrevey came back the next day only to be told the stand-up booth was broken. When she suggested that she just use the bed then, that's when all hell broke loose and she was told that she couldn't because she was too big. She said, "He told me, 'Sorry, but I'm not going to let you tan today because we've just implemented a new policy anyone over 230 pounds can't go in one of our beds.' I was just so shocked and embarrassed and humiliated." McGrevey called the police and filed a report against Hileman. She also demanded to see the salon's official policy book, but of course, he refused. She says that she just wanted her money back because she does not want to have to see his face for another 30 days. 

Here's my take on this whole mess; Justin Hileman should just refund her money. Dude, its $70! Is your business hurting that much that you can't refund $70? As for McGrevey, I would do my best to lose a crap load of weight, walk back into that place looking hot as hell and then make it sound like you were going to buy a year's worth of tanning and then tell them forget it because their tanning beds were too dirty or something like that. Either way, once this story really gets out there, I doubt Mr. Hileman will be in business much longer anyway. There are a lot of fat people in Ohio!  

No comments:

Post a Comment