About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, March 7, 2014

LUCKY FORTUNE COOKIE!

Let's end this week on a happy note. So, how many of you have opened a fortune cookie that you received at a Chinese restaurant after your meal and just took a quick look at the lucky numbers on the back of the fortune? We all have, right? Now, how many of you have thought about taking those number and playing them on a Powerball or Mega-Millions lottery ticket? I'm sure we've all thought about it, but felt that was a one in a million chance even though it does say your "lucky numbers."

Well, 75-year-old, Emma Duvoll from the Bronx did exactly that and today that great-grandmother is $1.2 million dollars richer! That's right! Mrs. Duvoll decided to buy a Powerball ticket after after dinner at a Manhattan noodle shop using the numbers that she got inside her fortune cookie and she wound up hitting the jackpot. Duvoll said after picking up her winnings on Thursday, "It's unbelievable! I plan to invest it and save it. Maybe I'll go see family in Switzerland." Screw that! Does this lady know how old she is? Save it? I would go on a spending spree and live the rest of my years in style! She might only have a few years left. Otherwise, she's going to have to leave the rest to a family member after she goes. Save it? What is she thinking?

The retired deli owner is the mother of two, grandmother of eight and great-grandmother of one. Her lucky meal and fortune cookie came from the popular Sammy's Noodle Shop and Grill in Greenwich Village. Five of the six number that came with the cookie hit during the February 1st Powerball drawing. Before giving her "lucky numbers" a shot, Duvoll used use birthdays, anniversaries, and other "lucky' numbers, but none of them were as lucky as her fortune cookie numbers. She opted to collect a one-time lump sum of $1,246,085 for her prize.
Duvoll said, "I don't play that often. I was home when I saw my numbers. I was very excited. 'That's crazy, ' I thought." She bought her winning ticket at the Hannaford Pharmacy in upstate Pine Bush, NY. That is such an awesome story! Let this be a lesson to those of you who just shun those lucky numbers in your fortune cookies because they might actually be your "lucky numbers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment