About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

THIS IS SOME SCARY SHIZZ...

     For city residents who are pet owners, this might be one of the most horrific nightmares that anyone can face. To this day, I think about this whenever I take my dog, Yankee, into an elevator and if this ever happened to him, I'm not sure if I'd be able to live with myself. 

     So, anyway, some terrifying video footage showed the moment a dog's leash got trapped in an elevator door and he was nearly choked to death. Is that scary enough for you dog-lovers? The shocking surveillance video sees owner Tamara Seibert struggling to save her 110-pound Rottweiler, Vado, as he flew to the ceiling of her Toronto condo elevator. Desperately pushing emergency buttons, she broke two finger and shredded her hands as she tried to free Vado from his collar. When the elevator plunged from the 11th floor down to the parking garage, Seibert managed to sound the alarm. Luckily, Vado's leash snapped and the doors opened just in time throwing Vado, who is only 5-years-old, to the floor, and saving him from what Seibert was almost-certain the last she would see of her beloved pet. 

     Seibert told a local newspaper, "I thought I was going to watch him die. He was picked clean off the ground. I just panicked and was going to do whatever I could to get him down. We just kept going down until his nylon leash ended up snapping." The 25-year-old Ryerson University student, who was also pet-sitting a friend's pit bull (also seen in the video clip), asked the block managers for a copy of the minute-long footage so she could use it to warn other pet owners about the dangers of elevators and their pets. She uploaded the video onto YouTube and the video's been seen over hundreds of thousands of times already. She says, "I just want people to be careful, I've heard so many horror stories from different people. It could be a child's scarf, a leash or a long dress." 

     I couldn't imagine the horror. I remember hearing from our friend, Betsy, that this almost happened to her dog, Baby. Again, I would absolutely die if I saw my little buddy get killed in this manner. You have to check out the surveillance video to really get an idea of Seibert's horror: 



No comments:

Post a Comment