About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SISTER FROM ANOTHER MISTER?

     Everything in the news is dumb today! Especially, if your top story is drive-thru order taker was dragged out of the window by her hair for not getting an order right. Or even, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time, being arrested for a murder that happened over 30 years ago. The guy is dying of cancer. Just let him die already. 

     I found this story to be extremely odd and that's why I wanted to share it with you. Have you ever thought about someone out there in the world looking exactly like you and maybe even living parallel lives? I think about that all the time, but nobody could possibly be this good looking! Anyway, this is Ambra and Jennifer. They look like twins, right? Wrong! They only recently met as part of the "Twin Strangers" project, whose goal is to unite lookalikes around the world. Co-founder, Nimah Geaney, who launched the project in Ireland with two friends, has already met two women who look like her and the first one lived only an hour away from her.

     The most recent dopplegangers that the projected has connected are Americans. 23-year-old, Ambra from Fayetteville, North Carolina, recently traveled to Spring, Texas to meet 33-year-old, Jennifer. The facial similarities between the two women are incredible. Ambra said in a YouTube video documenting their meeting, "When I finally met her, it was like, 'Oh, my goodness....She really does have my face. I was awestruck the moment I saw her face in person. I did not want to take my eyes off her."

     In the video, Jennifer's mother, Karen, was also shocked by the resemblance, particularly after the "twins" put on matching outfits and makeup. She said, "You're my daughter! Your smiles are the same....I want to see your family tree!"

     If you're interested in meeting your own brother or sister from another family, Twin Strangers is still tracking down lookalikes. If this project does sound a little familiar, it might be because a Montreal-based photographer, Francois Brunelle has been snapping artful portraits of unrelated people who look like each other from more than 12 years. 

     I have to be honest, I find this concept pretty fascinating. Then again, what if I met my doppleganger and he's a total douchebag? I mean even worse than me? In the same breath, what if I met him and he was a cool, successful millionaire, who owned his own publishing company or record label? That could work to my benefit. I might have to look into this. Check it out at TwinStrangers.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment