About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

TOO MUCH DOUGH IN THIS PIZZA

     Before I start, I wanted to pay tribute to the one of the Pride of the Yankees, Yogi Berra, who passed away this morning at the age of 90-years-old. He was one of the greats on and off the field as a war veteran, a great wordsmith and 10-time World Series Champion. R.I.P. Yogi Berra! It looks like it's finally over. 

     Now back to the news...How much dough is too much dough to put in one's pizza? Do you think $1,300 is too much dough? That's what a Domino's in Berkley, California did when they hid nearly $1,300 in cash in a box labeled "chicken wings." They thought it was a great way to safely get the money to the bank. Sure! If you don't accidentally deliver that box to a customer! The Berkley shop did exactly that this past Friday, and the funny thing is that the customer didn't even open the box right away. 

     Mike Vegas, a bartender at AT&T Park in San Francisco told NBC News that he thought he was going to have the night off so he ordered some pizza and wings. But when he got called into work, he stuck the box of wings into the fridge unopened. He said, "I got off work really late, and when I came back home I found the cash in the delivery box. I was rubbing my eyes at 5 a.m., laughing at myself." Vegas said the driver had called looking for the missing money, but since he was at work, he ignored the calls. That is hilarious! The poor delivery guy must've been crapping his pants. 

     Vegas posted a photo on Facebook showing two stacks of bills. One of the containing $666 and the other $633. Vegas seemed inclined to return the money from the beginning, using the hashtag, #karmatest. He said, "Of course, there a long list of people arguing you should keep it, you should keep it, you should keep it, you should keep it. I wanted to keep it, believe me. But I can't, I can't do that." Some of Vegas' friends were also worried that the driver might even lose his job over the botched delivery. He assured, "Driver is safe and keeps his job, money is back at Dominoes, I was offered free pizza for a year. Bonus-karma should drop by my place soon." 

     Domino's was also happy to get their dough back. "Thank you so much for this," said general manager Zia Mumtaz, who continued, "Honest people are hard to find these days." I have to be honest, I'm not sure I would have returned it. Karma has never been on my side, so why would she start now? If that money was delivered to my house it was for a reason. This guy Vegas was too nice. Yeah, it was only $1,300, but it could have been $1,300 extra in my account. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. How is it my fault that some moron decided to hide money in a pizza box and deliver it? Would that be considered stealing? I wouldn't think so since the money was delivered to my house. What would you have done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment