About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PAPA JOHN'S ACCIDENTAL BUTT DIALIST


This is the second butt-dial story I've written about in a week! Is this becoming the new teacher sex epidemic? I doubt it! Anyway, it seems Papa John's is in hot water again with their racist ways. Wasn't it last year when one of their shops wrote "Lady Chinky Eyes" on a customer's receipt to describe the customer? Well, this time two Papa John's delivery drivers were canned after accidentally butt-dialing a customer and leaving a racist voicemail. Are you laughing yet?

The duo, who remained anonymous and worked at the Sanford outlet in Orlando, Florida, was heard mocking their customer for not leaving a tip. The offended customer posted audio of the voice message via YouTube with proof of his receipt revealing that he actually left a 21% tip. I think it's hilarious that these drivers can't read! That's why they're pizza delivery drivers! On the audio, you hear the first man ask, "Did he tip you?" to which the second man reply, "Nope, not at all." He then replies using the "N" word, saying that being the "N" word must be the only requirement to live in Sanford. The first man then replied, "Yeah, they give me five bucks! They're fine outstanding African American gentleman of the community." Then they start singing Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro," but repeatedly substituted the actual lyric with the "N" word to rhyme with Figaro. Not nice!

Papa John's Chairman and CEO John Schnatter apologized for the incident via the chain's Facebook page and revealed that two fine young chaps have been fired. He wrote: "Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants. Their thinking and actions defy both my personal and the company's values, and everything for which the company stands." 


I have to admit that I'm not sure that I believe you, Mr. Schnatter! Like I mentioned earlier, last year, one of your employees used racial slurs to describe an Asian lady and now this? Don't you think maybe being a bit more thorough with your background checks before hiring, might be able to avoid situations like this? Besides, how dare these guys even complain about a tip? A tip is never guaranteed! It's gratuitous! Tips are given at a customer's discretion. What I don't understand is why do we even need to tip delivery guys? Not that I don't; I just don't understand the practice. They bring food to your house so you don't have to go out. It's not like they make the food. Don't get me wrong, I guess delivery guys are like waiters in a sense, but they bring the food one way whereas a waiter is constantly back and forth to your table, so I would say that a waiter is deserving of 15-20%. Why would a delivery guy think they deserve more than a $5 tip? If that guy gave them a 21% tip, that was more than generous and those guys should've kept their mouths shut! Then again, learn how to luck your phones to avoid butt-dials, you morons!



No comments:

Post a Comment