About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

HAIRY STOCKINGS? REALLY?????

Some of you might have read about this yesterday as I saw it all over Facebook. I was actually kind of skeptical about writing about it since the story did seem to go viral, but there may be a few you who still haven't read about this story yet, and that's where I come in. So, my question is to the ladies reading this blog right now, but men can answer too. Has there ever been a time when you were out at a bar and you wanted the annoying, strange guy to just leave you alone? Well, apparently, China's got a cure for that. They are hairy stockings! These hairy fashion accessories, which are sold in China, are said to be an unconventional tool to help ward off unwanted attention. I think unconventional is an understatement. I think it's just downright weird! 

HappyZhangJiang posted on the Chinese Twitter site, Sina Weibo: "Super Sexy, summertime anti-pervert full-leg-of-hair stockings, essential for all young girls going out." Then there was a photo posted of what appeared to be a woman wearing the supposed hairy stockings, which has since gone viral, but not word yet on where exactly someone can purchase these leggings. The photo literally almost made me vomit when I saw it and if it made me feel like that, then the stockings are actually doing its job. I wonder if their legs will get sweaty and gross underneath those stockings too. Also, what if it starts raining and the hair gets soaked? Do the girl's legs get weighed down? I have to admit that the photo looks like a man's legs, but the feet do look somewhat feminine. Either way, Chinese people are nuts! Girls here in America are extremely vain, so I doubt this will sell here in the States.

A Shanghai-based blog site offered a series of other Sina Weibo posts about the tights and one user said that emulating Sasquatch could have its drawbacks and wrote: "This will not only prevent against perverts, it will definitely also result in preventing handsome guys from approaching you." They're right! These hairy leg stockings would be a "no-go" in my book, but who knows? Perverts come in all shapes and sizes and mentalities. There might be a perv out there who is into hair legs. As I wrote that, I felt a hairball literally get stuck in my throat! This is just more proof that the Chinese will do anything to make a buck! Maybe we should take a lesson from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment