About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, June 14, 2013

THE $10 ENGAGEMENT RING

Have you ever sold something at a garage sale for dirt cheap not realizing that something valuable was stowed away in the box? Well, that's what happened to Racquel Cloutier, of Laguna Niguel, California. It turns out, while Racquel was in the hospital, her husband, Eric, accidentally sold her $23,000 diamond wedding ring on accident when he sold one of his watches for only $10 at a garage sale. He didn't realize that she'd hidden her ring in his watch box. What a bonehead! I mean both of them! Who does that? Why would you hide your $23k wedding ring in a box? Buy a safe! And as far as the husband goes, did you seriously sell that box without thoroughly checking every corner of it to make sure there were no extras? Maybe I have OCD like that and need to check everything before I sell it.

Anyway, I know what you're asking; why was Racquel in the hospital in the first place. Well, she was giving birth to the couple's fifth child. What the hell? And I thought my sister had a lot with her pack of four. The devastated couple is now hoping that the buyer will be honest enough to come forward and return the ring. To be honest, I bet that ring has been pawned off and is already long gone! There is no way that if someone found that ring in a $10 watch box, are they returning it, especially, if they knew how much it was worth! I wouldn't expect it back if this happened to me, but I would be just as mortified!

Racquel said that she was still in the hospital when her husband decided to clear out the clutter from their home with a garage sale. She says, "He didn't know that before I went to the hospital, I put my ring in that box. I wanted the ring to be in a safe place and out of reach from my 2-year-old twins." Um, hello? There is such a thing called a safe. They keep things safe! Especially, jewelry! And that's another gripe that I have about this story; why would the husband take it upon himself to have a garage sale while she was in the hospital? Isn't that something you do together? Anyway, on her return from the hospital on June 5, she realized the box was missing and soon found out it had been sold for $10 at the garage sale. She remembered screaming, "You sold it? What do you mean you sold it?" and immediately started crying. Racquel, who is still really upset, is throwing herself at the mercy of the buyer.


 If the buyer hasn't come back already? Kiss that ring good bye! I can't even put the blame solely on the husband. Yes, it's his stupidity for selling that watch box for $10, but he had no clue she hid the ring in there. Maybe it might have been a good idea to communicate with your husband, Racquel and tell him, "Hey, just so you know, I'm leaving my ring in your watch box." And how safe is it to leave it in a watch box? What a dumb place to keep it safe! These two were made for each other! They're two idiots! Bye bye wedding ring! Bye bye $23,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment