About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

THE BABY WITH A NOTE

Stupidity has been running rampant lately. It's not only happening in the U.S. It's international too! An unidentified New Zealand woman recently left her newborn baby in her car to go grocery shopping. Here's the kicker; she left a note to call her cell phone if there was a problem with the baby. Why do we let some people procreate? Don't get me wrong. Some women make great mothers, but this is absolutely ridiculous! I mean when my sister and I were about 6 or 7-years-old, my parents would leave us in the car while they went food shopping, but we were 6 or 7! We weren't infants in a car seat with a note on us! I mean, even today, parents would never leave their kids in the car, no matter what age. 

So, anyway, the unidentified mother sparked outrage when she left her newborn alone in the car with a note saying: "My mum's in doing the shopping, call her if I need anything." The message with the woman's cell phone number was spotted in a vehicle parked outside a Pak 'n Save supermarket in Porirua, New Zealand at around 9 a.m. on Saturday (3/23). A shocked passerby took a few pictures of the sleeping baby and posted them on Facebook, which led to a wave of angry viewers from across the world. 

The mother could face a $1,600 fine for leaving a child under 14 alone for an unreasonable time if prosecuted. Oops! Sorry, mom and dad! I meant my sister and I were 14 and 17! Wait, that would be weird because why would we be food shopping with our parents? Anyway, here's the best, or worst, part of this whole story; police have not been able to trace the mother as they don't even know who the people are. A spokesperson for the police department stated, "We would launch an investigation if we could, but at this stage, no one's come forward." I have to be honest; I doubt that anyone will either. Who will confess to leaving their infant in a car with just a note? The bottom line is this; this woman is not fit to be a mother! Maybe her mother used to leave her in the car when she went grocery shopping, so she felt that it was okay. Well, either way, there is no excuse for this even if you were only running in to get milk. It seems that the police won't be making a big deal out of this, but the photo should be used as an example of “what not to do as a new parent.” 

1 comment: