About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A PLANE ALL TO HIMSELF

     Anyone miss me? I'm baaaaack! It's a new year of buzzkill ramblings! I am now someone's husband and eventually, I see myself writing a blog about the whole wedding planning process, but for now, I want to get back to writing and entertaining those of you who actually read my silly ramblings.

     So, upon returning home from my honeymoon Monday morning spending all day Sunday traveling on a plane (and missing the Cowboys game, which I'm still upset about), I'm sure many of you can relate to the trials and tribulations of flying from screaming babies to the passenger in front of you having no manners whatsoever and just pushing their seat back to knock your drink over to people behind you talking the entire flight in your ear. That is why you fly first-class any time it is available. 

     This is why I chose to write about Brew York editor, Chris O'Leary today. He had the opportunity of a lifetime to fly on a commercial Delta flight with only one other passenger. So, basically, he had the whole entire plane to himself. You cannot get anymore first-class than that! How jealous was I after reading this article?

     Anyway, hours of delays on a New York-bound Delta flight from Cleveland led to O'Leary and another passenger getting the entire plane to themselves, with O'Leary happily live-tweeting the desolate departure. Chris O'Leary, editor of the beer news site Brew York, tweeted with a smiling face a selfie from the empty 76-seat plane around 2 p.m. Monday with this explanation: "They rebooked everyone but me on another flight to LGA, so I am literally the only person on this plane."

      After two hours and a few more Tweets like "No, I'm not joking. I'm the only one on this plane," the Brooklyn resident tweeted his update with a crying emoji at the end: "The thrill is gone guys. Just as we were about to push back, they reconnected the jet bridge to let a second passenger on the flight." According to O'Leary, the other passenger slept all the way to LaGuardia and the two didn't even speak. He explained that he left the airport for several hours due to multiple delays on his flight home,  and when he returned later in the day, all of his would-be passengers were already rescheduled on an earlier flight. 

     Before being treated to the travel-for-two flight, O'Leary fired off several Tweets complaining about his 7:15 a.m. flight getting repeatedly rescheduled. He wrote three hours before boarding, "I'm sure @delta's doing all they can, but this still sucks." After the flight became a personal one for him, he was singing a different tune! What a lucky guy! A flight from Cleveland to New York was probably only two and a half hours, but still, to have that whole plane to yourself? That must've been something else. I was wondering if the flight attendants actually gave him the hot food they normally give the first-class passengers or did they just give him a bag of nuts like they give you in coach? Again, either way, who cares? This must've been awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment