About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, January 30, 2015

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

     Trust me when I tell you that I love me a good poop story. I even wrote a book about it called S**t Happens available now on Amazon.com. Anyway, I draw the line when schools start checking kids underwear for poop stains in school. That's what happened in Gustine, Texas, whose population is only 457 people. 

     11-year-old, Eliza Medina said, "I felt uncomfortable, and I didn't want to do it. I felt like they violated my privacy." She was one of about two dozen elementary students who were rounded up in the small town of 90 miles southwest of Fort Worth, Texas. Eliza's mother, Maria, said that the boys were taken to one room, while the girls were taken to another, and they were ordered "to pull their pants down to check them to see if they could find anything." You might be scratching your heads as to what can these 11-year-olds have possibly done wrong to warrant this action, right?

     Well, that's when my favorite part of the story comes in to play; according to Eliza's mom, educators "have been finding poop on the gym floor." She said she can imagine the frustration, but said even for feces on the floor you don't partially strip search a group of students to find the culprit. I'm still floored by the fact that one of these kids crapped on the gym floor. That is AWESOME! Medina went on to say, "I was furious....I mean, I was furious. If you can't do your job or you don't know what you're doing, you need to be fired. You shouldn't be here." If you ask me, I think the teachers did feel they were doing their jobs and they felt that they wanted to get to the bottom of who was shitting on the gym floor. I mean, I'm sure there were other means to attain that information, but they felt checking the kids' underwear was a surefire way to attain it. 

     Gustine Independent School District Superintendent Ken Baugh acknowledged that making kids drop their drawers goes too far. He said, "That's not appropriate, and we do no condone that. So you would take disciplinary action." But Baugh said early into the investigation, his understanding is that the children were told to lower their pants just a little. Medina insists it was more than that. She said that their pants had to be lowered to where their butts were, which I believe to be true because if you're checking someone for poop stains, you're checking by the ass crack and not the rim of the underwear. Eliza's mom contended that even if it were just a little, having kids line up and expose their underwear for inspection is simply unacceptable. She said, "Wrong is wrong!"

     The superintendent is hoping to have his investigation into this incident wrapped up by Wednesday, after he has heard from all parties involved. He may still get an earful, as there are some angry parents planning to show up at the school board meeting to demand that someone be held accountable. Superintendent Baugh is hoping that they can find a better way to solve the situation. To be honest, the only thing that can make this situation any worse is if you told the parents that Jerry Sandusky was in charge of inspecting the children. Otherwise, this looks pretty bad on the teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment