About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, October 19, 2012

YANKEES 2012: A TEAM OF EXCUSES

By the looks of this week's results, it seems many of you really like reading about sex and marijuana! Now, normally, I don't like to write about my favorite sports teams in my blog because any opinion that I will have will be biased, which is another reason why I don't include politics in my blog either. I want everyone to come here to get pissed off or for a good laugh or sometimes maybe even a tearjerker. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I am a diehard Yankees fan, and have been since as long as I can remember. I was never a bandwagon like most of you out there. I still rooted for my Yankees in the 80s when they were horrendous. My favorite player was Dave Winfield, but I also appreciated Donnie Baseball and watching guys like Graig Nettles, Chris Chambliss, and Bobby Murcer play. I used love watching Louisiana Lightning, Ron Guidry pitch while Goose Gossage got a ride in from the Dodge Bullpen car. Those of you who are bandwagon fans won't remember any of these guys or these moments because you only started rooting for the team when they became the Great New York Yankees again. You never suffered like I did, and if you did, then being swept by the Tigers and getting knocked out of the playoffs by them should be no surprise. 

With that being said, now that you know where I stand as a Yankees fan, I picked up the Daily News today only to read a headline that read "Yankees Player Says Team Was Rocked by Booing During Game 2 of ALCS." WHAT? The paper didn't release who made this statement, but whoever said it needs to be traded out of New York! This is the New York F**king Yankees! Don't they listen to the parting song after every home game? If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere? It's no secret that we Yankees fans will turn on you at the drop of a hat if you're not performing to our liking! Does it mean we will cause physical harm to you? No! It means we are just expressing our disgust with your performance. The second you do something big for the team, all is forgotten. It happens all around in sports. It just so happens that New Yorkers are much more vocal and much harsher about it. 

 Here was the problem, and I've said it on Facebook many times over the past few weeks, this year's Yankees were just going through the motions to get to the World Series. They were playing with absolutely NO heart whatsoever! During the ALDS, I seriously wanted to punch Nick Swisher in the face for smiling after he grounded into a double play with bases loaded. How is that funny? Where's Paul O'Neill when you need him? Punch a water cooler or something! Show us that you want to be there and that you deserve to be there! Everyone was putting the blame on A-Rod, who definitely wasn't hitting his way out of a paper bag, but he's one of nine players. How come nobody got on Swisher's case? Or Curtis Granderson? Or Robbie Cano? Or Russell Martin? Or Mark Teixeira? How about the .185 batting average the team posted on in the post season? Up until Game 4 in Detroit, the Yankees pitching staff had been stellar, so that was obviously not their problem. The Yankees did suffer a big blow when the heart and soul of the team, Derek Jeter went down with a broken ankle in Game 1, but again, he's one person! If anything, like someone said to me on Facebook, the team should have rallied around Jeter and won the damn thing for him. Instead, they just folded like an accordion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes I am disappointed that the Yankees are out, but the only ones to blame are the New York Yankees. They can't point fingers at the “boos” they received for poor performance. If you can't take the heat, then get the f**k out of the kitchen! You can't only blame A-Rod on your post season woes, though it's been consistent for him except for when he was with Kate Hudson in 2009 (hmmmm....). There were other players this season that hit just as well as A-Rod did. Getting knocked out of the post season was a team effort and not a finger pointing on one person. The pitching was great, but there were no runs to support those great performances. I have to admit the only player that showed any heart at all was Raul Ibanez and at first, I hated the fact that they went out and got him, but once again, he was one player. I just want to beg the Steinbrenners, Brian Cashman, and Joe Girardi to please put some heart back into this team in the off season and stop pointing fingers! It's not the fans' fault and the blame shouldn't fall on one player! I know I'll catch a lot of flack for this blog from my fellow Yankees fans, but this is MY blog and MY opinion! Plus, I needed to vent after the Yankees pathetic performance in the post season, but as a diehard Yankees fan, sometimes you're just conditioned for disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment