About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, October 5, 2012

YOU DON'T OWN THE WHOLE ROAD!

This is my blog and I can bitch about virtually anything that I want to, right? Well, today I want to bitch about how drivers think that they own the whole road. Yes, I am of Chinese descent and we do have a stereotype stapled to us as bad drivers, but the way I see it, we're really not. At least, I'm really not! I've been driving for over 20 years now (I know, I just aged myself), and I have not been in an accident yet that I caused. (knock on wood) So, how am I the bad driver? The way I see it, and I hate to stereotype, Indian women, black women, and Jewish women are a hell of a lot worse. Okay, actually you can't omit the men either! They think they own the whole roadway and there's no one else behind them. The best part is that when you are behind them and you tailgate them, they don't like it and you end up being the bad guy. Well, this happened to me twice this week and that's what really set me off for today's blog!

My first incident was when I was on my way to class, and there was a Honda accord in front of me on this single lane two-way road. I noticed that the person was on the phone, and not a bluetooth. They were actually holding the phone to their ear. Who does that anymore? Anyway, as they were talking, they obviously did not care that anyone was behind them, so they decided to drive 35 miles an hour on a 55 mile an hour road. Are you kidding me? I was running a little late for class, and yes, I probably could have gone around this person, but when the hash lines came up on my left, there were cars coming the other way. I was trapped. So, I tailgated this person for a good mile and then I see them give me this gesture in their rearview mirror. Was this person kidding me? I'm in the wrong? First, you're driving 35 in a 55, and second, you're on your cell phone while you're driving, which actually is an offense! Where are the police when you need them? I finally came up to a left turn lane hoping that the Honda was not making a left and they weren't. As I got into the left lane, I needed to take a peek at my nemesis, and sure enough! It was an Indian woman! It didn't shock me one bit!

My second incident happened in the parking lot at shopping center. Those speed limits are like 15 miles an hour. I might have been going a little faster, but that's how I roll. I move fast! Anyway, coming towards me was this black BMW with his left turn signal on, so I had to slow down, but since I was driving a little bit faster, it looked like I had to stop abruptly. This guy though was making his left like he had all day though. Then he pointed at me as to say, "WTF?" Really? So, the guy who thinks he owns the whole parking lot is going to pick a fight with me now? Where am I? I thought to myself, just walk into the store, ignore him and avoid going to jail. I got out of my truck, and this big black guy got out his BMW. Then I hear, "Sorry that I was moving to slow for you...." I thought, "Oh great! He's apologizing!" So, I responded with a "Yup!" As he kept on staring at me waiting for me to react, he calls out, "ASSHOLE!" Oh, man! No one calls me an asshole! It took a lot for me not to go over there and punch this guy in the mouth. I also thought about going over there and saying, "Are you kidding me? Did I hit your car? Did I lay on the horn like I should have because your fat ass was taking your time making a left turn like you owned the whole road? But yet, I'm the asshole?" I felt that would have shut him up, but I also felt that this asshole was looking for a fight, so I took the high road and just ignored the idiot and decided to not waste my time or intelligence on such a low life. 

And this is why I hate human beings! Not all of them because there are actual human beings out there, but there are also some real scumbags out there too! Some of them actually think they own the whole road. All I ask is that when you're driving, to be mindful of the driver behind you or in my case, around you. You don't own the whole road. In fact the government does. You just look like an asshole thinking that you do own it! I know you guys have to have similar stories, so please share......

No comments:

Post a Comment