About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

GIVE IT TO MIKEY! HE'LL EAT ANYTHING!

     Are we still doing that ice bucket challenge campaign? Really? Aren't we over it yet? We're aware already! Just donate! Anyway, that may have been a really good campaign to bring awareness to ALS, or the Lou Gehrig Disease, but it seems Britain might have a campaign that might top the ice bucket challenge when it comes to awareness. 

     Apparently, a British council has been circulating a stomach-churning, eye-opening image of a little boy eating dog feces to convince owners to pick up after their pups. Yes, a little boy about my nephew's age picking up a pile of steaming dog crap and eating it. I would like to think that kids were smarter than that especially because of the smell of dog feces, but hey, I guess you never know. The child in the picture appears with canine waste smeared across his mouth, hands and t-shirt in a horrific photograph that's been plastered on posters across the Borough of Spelthorne with a caption that read: "No Messin'--children will touch anything." I have to admit. I'm not sure this will really bring more awareness than the ice bucket challenge, but the photo and the message certainly are funny. I mean if they wanted to take it a step further, they can videotape adults eating random dog poop off the street and then donating to bring awareness. Too far? But it's all for fun, though! And it brings awareness!

       The warning sign, which aims to get careless owners to scoop up their pet's poop, was first unveiled in 2013, but it went viral this week after being uploaded to image-sharing site Imgur this past Sunday. It's since been viewed more than 856,000 times. Many viewers have slammed the campaign, describing it as "disgusting" and "vile," while others praised the initiative, with one commenter saying, "This is horrible, but I bet it's effective." The council defended the campaign saying that it needed to be "hard-hitting" to work. A representative from the council said, "Dog waste, as well as being unsightly, is dangerous and contains a parasitic worm, which, if ingested, can cause blindness. Children are particularly susceptible because of their habit of putting fingers in mouths. We decided to concentrate efforts, therefore, on playgrounds."

     I'm not sure how effective this will be in Britain, but it may work here in the states. I mean, I have a dog and I pick his poop up, but I have taken him on walks where I see people not picking up after their dog and that is just plain rude to those who do. The rep was right. Dog poop does carry worms and other diseases. Can you imagine a kid who didn't know any better picking it up thinking it was chocolate an eating it? Then again, what kind of kid would eat a chocolate bar off the floor. Either way, after smelling my dog's poop, I would highly advise not letting your kids eat dog poop. Pick up after your dog. This is a public service announcement. My name is Tim Louie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment