About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TILL DEATH WILL THEY PART?

     So, when my wife and I got engaged, she wanted to take these amazing engagement photos to celebrate our engagement. Our photographer walked us around the town where I work in the middle of the afternoon and shot away. I thought it was pretty unique because the town I work in is a historic town and relevant to the Revolutionary War and being the history buffs that we are, we thought the idea was really cool. Many couples take their engagement photos on the beach and in the city with the skyline as the backdrop, which is all very romantic. This couple from Singapore, however, has taken romantic to a different and creepy level. 

     Pictured is Jenny Tay, a managing director of a funeral home, and Darren Cheng, a grief counselor. When the couple got engaged, they started thinking seriously about the vows they would take to love each other forever. They thought about it so seriously that they decided to have a coffin-themed engagement photo shoot! Take about taking the phrase, "Till Death Do Us Part" literally. I don't think I could've done this. Even if my wife wanted to!

     Tay told one news source, "Both of us are very passionate about our jobs, so I thought, why not?" According to photographer Joel Lim, planning the shoot took three months, but it took only one day to realize the theme. He said, "When she told me about it, I thought it was different, very cool. That's the reason I took the project." Tay went on to say that she knew the pictures would be tasteful and not morbid. 

     Both Cheng and Tay's parents say that they thought their children's shoot was cute and not creepy at all. Another Singaporean funeral service worker Danny Cheong made an excellent point about the photo shoot. He said, "It's all right if it's a new coffin." Um, what? Did he mean that it could have been a used coffin? What would they have done with the body? That's gross!

     Anyway, there was no word on whether or not the coffin in the pictures is new, but we'll just have to assume that it is and focus on how romantic it is that this couple plans to literally only let death be the reason they are ever apart. I will admit; this is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. It's technically not even that bad, but I don't think I would ever. The only time you'll ever see me in a coffin is when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment