About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

FEAR OF THE TOILET?

     I'm not one to poke fun at anyone's phobias by any means since mine might be one of the strangest of all of them. I have a fear of little people. Yes, midgets! I'll give you a second to take that one in. Okay, so that being said; there are some strange phobias out there, but I don't think I've ever heard of this one. 

     A 16-year-old girl in England refused to go to the bathroom for two months because she had a phobia of toilets. Yes, I said toilets. Well, that young lady passed away of a heart attack this past Wednesday. Emily Titterington's rare constipation death from "stool withholding" could have been avoided if she hadn't refused hospital treatment, according to the coroner.

     The chronically constipated Cornwall teen, who had a mild autism, was found lying in the doorway of her bathroom with her swelled abdomen "grossly extended." One paramedic said, "Her lower ribs had been pushed out further than her pubic bone. I was shocked." Titterington had been holding her waste for about eight weeks, which compressed her chest cavity and displayed her organs. She collapsed at her family's home and later died at the hospital. 

     The visible effects of her withholding her poop shocked even the doctors. One doctor said, "It was like nothing I have ever seen before. It was dramatic." Titterington refused medical treatment because she had "severe anxiety" about her whole problem. Her death could have been prevented if she "had been designated a support person, a professional person allocated to herself that she could build a relationship with." 

     Here's my take on the whole thing; how the hell do you hold your poop in for 2 months? When you have to go, you have to go! If you have a phobia of the toilet, then buy depends and shit in your pants! Don't hold it in. Everyone knows how unhealthy that is and after reading about what this girl looked like physically, it's just proof as to how unhealthy holding your poop in really is. Two months, though? That is ridiculous! I feel bad for this young lady, her family and her phobia because I know what she's going through when it comes to being scared of something, or in my case, someone. But I really feel bad that this girl had to grow up with a last name like Tit-terington. What a name to grow up with! I hope she lived up to her name! I know...I'm a horrible human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment